Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur) >

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Notices

OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Old 06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been watching the progress of this event and i am very impressed with there accomplishment..
Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have also been watching the progress of this event and i am very impressed with there accomplishment..

Are yall thinking what i am thinking,

1rst Annual Cancun Poker Run....LOL

I think it would be more like a sausage fest because i dont know many women that would attempt that run....
Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys!!! Welcome home!!
Old 06-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Where is AppSysCons? He was doing all of the distance and speed calculations on the way down.
Sorry folks, I missed all the fun today.

With all of these, seemingly now daily, OSO outages, I got frustrated this morning, and gave up on OSO today.

Once again, congrats to Bob and the whole team. Sound like we have a new Cancun to Key West record. That is 2 world records, in a few days. Again, great job!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

talk about your long day of boating, they just left Key West heading to Marco
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Here's a recording of the web cam with Predator zoomin' by and some donuts afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_N2naVQWDg
Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrsafety
Here's a recording of the web cam with Predator zoomin' by and some donuts afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_N2naVQWDg
Awesome
Old 06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Looks like they are back at Marco Island 8:35pm. Thats is an amazing amount of miles in one day. I think they must of set another personnal best from KW to Marco. Approx. 1 hour 20 mins.
Congrats guys
Old 06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Sorry for the bad pic....taken with my cell phone...Team Predator idling to the dock at Marco
Attached Thumbnails OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)-0616082037.jpg  
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, back to Marco in record time as well. LOL Over 500 miles today. We took a break in Key West and came another 100 miles here. I want to sleep in my own bed tonight. It was a blast even tho there was a lot of tough going today again. Huge rollers and we were constantly changing the setup to keep the boat happy and then wham, a big un would hit us and we would drop down into a big hole. Over 8 hrs of that. Terry drove 80% of the time and did a great job of it. I had a fall when getting off the boat at Isla Mujures yesterday morning before we made that attempt. We had to turn back because of even bigger seas which we might have tackled had it not been for my injuries. I fell between the dock and the boat and would have been better to just fall in the water. My natural instincts kicked in tho and I grabbed the boat with my right arm and the dock with my left. I have torn ligaments and/or muscles in my right shoulder, cuts and scrapes to my right ankle, tore a nail of a toe on my left foot and banged up my left knee enough to have me limping along. When we came back in yesterday I decided best to see a doc at the Navy Hospital in Isla Mujures. Too funny. I will post pics when I eventually get time. No one spoke English and I do not speak Spanish. I had the lady doctor and nurse laughing so much. The bill was $27.00 and they worked on me for an hour including a shot which I told them was probably heroin and a wrap around my entire upper body to completely immobilize my throttle arm.
Would I do a project like this again ? You bet. In a heartbeat. But I think I will have a little recovery time first.
I will post more in the days ahead as I have time but for now, I think I will get some rest.
Thank you all who followed us along.
Bob

Quick Reply: OSO Bobthebuilder to go for Key West - Cancun - Key West record ( for Jennifur)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.