Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186839-simply-amazing-anyone-been-key-west-seen.html)

BOBCATMATHEWS 05-17-2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by CAP071 (Post 2560607)
What was the deal with the fake people statues down there a few years back?

that was "ART" (or so I am told) it now sits in radcliffe welding's lot.

BOBCATMATHEWS 05-17-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver (Post 2560648)
Any chickens running around LOL? Last I heard they had some guys for awhile now rounding up all the wild chickens :D

yes , it is a never ending problem,the cubans breed them for fighting, there was a guy by my place shooting them with an air rifle, he has bagged thirty two in the last week:evilb:

Quicksilver 05-17-2008 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS (Post 2561075)
yes , it is a never ending problem,the cubans breed them for fighting, there was a guy by my place shooting them with an air rifle, he has bagged thirty two in the last week:evilb:

Haha, not worried of Gators, or Sharks.....but ya gotta watch out for them chickens and rooster....some have nasty attitudes and come pecking after you :D

BOBCATMATHEWS 05-17-2008 12:39 PM

:pa chicken killed my best friend, I don't like to talk about it.:p

Ryan8886 05-18-2008 09:07 AM

Yup....was last down there about 10 year ago. Got a pic from that spot somewhere. Don't remember chickens running around so much as the cats...they were everywhere.

If you're ever down there and sober for a little while, the tour of Hemingway's house is worth the time. Great story about the original Picasso piece that was unknowingly being used as a door stop by the new owners when the estate sold after his death. Better like cats though.....they're all over the estate. Ernest was the original "crazy guy with all the cats". Great writer though! Plus, any guy that made a decorative fountain outta his favorite bar urinal is alright by me! :cool-smiley-011:

sommerfliesby 05-18-2008 11:03 AM

Was there last spring with my wife... my parents had the exact same picture from when they were down there 20 years before.

littledcsrodshop 05-18-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2560638)
Not real sure how many bars we hit. We walked in Irish Kevins and couldnt seem to get away from that place! Saw Pat Daily later on, then it gets pretty blurry after that! :D

We spent quite a bit of time in Irish Kevins when my wife & I were on are honeymoon & back in our bar hopping days...
That place was pretty ruthless... It is definatly not a place for the easily offended !!

wantingmore 05-20-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2560483)
Dock, how come you look so sober in those pictures? Your in Key West for gods sake!

I was by myself walking off a screaming hangover knowing Id have to be the one to drive back to Ft Myers that day. Jason didnt get up for at least a couple hours after that pic was taken!:D

Drunk Bast@rds!! You guys get back down here, give me a shout. We can take the ferry down and make a weekend out of it. :ernaehrung004:
Tom