Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This? >

Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Notices

Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
What was the deal with the fake people statues down there a few years back?
that was "ART" (or so I am told) it now sits in radcliffe welding's lot.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Any chickens running around LOL? Last I heard they had some guys for awhile now rounding up all the wild chickens
yes , it is a never ending problem,the cubans breed them for fighting, there was a guy by my place shooting them with an air rifle, he has bagged thirty two in the last week
Old 05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
yes , it is a never ending problem,the cubans breed them for fighting, there was a guy by my place shooting them with an air rifle, he has bagged thirty two in the last week
Haha, not worried of Gators, or Sharks.....but ya gotta watch out for them chickens and rooster....some have nasty attitudes and come pecking after you
Old 05-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

a chicken killed my best friend, I don't like to talk about it.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup....was last down there about 10 year ago. Got a pic from that spot somewhere. Don't remember chickens running around so much as the cats...they were everywhere.

If you're ever down there and sober for a little while, the tour of Hemingway's house is worth the time. Great story about the original Picasso piece that was unknowingly being used as a door stop by the new owners when the estate sold after his death. Better like cats though.....they're all over the estate. Ernest was the original "crazy guy with all the cats". Great writer though! Plus, any guy that made a decorative fountain outta his favorite bar urinal is alright by me!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Was there last spring with my wife... my parents had the exact same picture from when they were down there 20 years before.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Not real sure how many bars we hit. We walked in Irish Kevins and couldnt seem to get away from that place! Saw Pat Daily later on, then it gets pretty blurry after that!
We spent quite a bit of time in Irish Kevins when my wife & I were on are honeymoon & back in our bar hopping days...
That place was pretty ruthless... It is definatly not a place for the easily offended !!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Dock, how come you look so sober in those pictures? Your in Key West for gods sake!

I was by myself walking off a screaming hangover knowing Id have to be the one to drive back to Ft Myers that day. Jason didnt get up for at least a couple hours after that pic was taken!
Drunk Bast@rds!! You guys get back down here, give me a shout. We can take the ferry down and make a weekend out of it.
Tom
Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me & "Dallas" have been there a few times.
Attached Thumbnails Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-southern-most-point-1.jpg   Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-pb120047-1.jpg   Simply Amazing!  Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?-sany0036-1.jpg  

Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

It was there in 1980, just not painted so nice. Wish I still looked like what I did in 1980 standing next to it! there was a large sign close by stating "Would the last person out of Cuba please remember to turn off the lights?" that someone had placed nearby.

Quick Reply: Simply Amazing! Anyone Been to Key West and Seen This?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.