Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain 2008 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/186933-lake-champlain-2008-a.html)

30ctsutphen 09-06-2008 11:11 PM

We are hoping to be out tomorrow sunday.
Post up if you guys are heading out and let us know where you'll be.

Thayers was great the other day.
Everyone was very sociable and welcoming.

The lake was beautiful even though it was rough.

QUIKDECISION 09-07-2008 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2673693)
Well, I just "Discovered" the wonderful boating area that you guys have up there this past weekend.

I crossed from NY to Burlington on the big ferry.......I was with my wife and a group of friends on our Harleys doing a little early season foliage scouting.....coming back from Lake Placid to Rhode Island.

BUT...next summer we will be back with a boat. It is really beautiful up there and plenty of room to run as fast as you want......sorry I just wasn't aware of this before.

Charlie,

Let us know when you'll be up next summer. It would be great to meet up with you. Valcour Island is a great place to take in the sights.

-Dustin

VT32SSR 09-07-2008 06:42 AM

Jeff it was nice to meet you and the family on Friday.The Sutphen was a first on our lake also.

We may be out today if the weather changes later in the day.

Tom.

dieselstrng 09-07-2008 08:49 AM

If the weather improves........I will see u guys out there. Where do u think will be the spot? WNW wind 5 to 10 mph....prob treadwell

jpmac 09-07-2008 08:57 AM

As of now, the flags out of the WNW and it's starting to break-up from the west. Treadwell looks like the spot. 9-11 mph...maybe the Vt crew will shoot across this afternoon. Jeff, looking fwd to cking out that Sutphen. Jim may shoot across.Dave/Tom, I'll give you guys a call.

jeff32 09-07-2008 10:37 AM

not looking good here...

30ctsutphen 09-07-2008 10:41 AM

thanks guys, I would be happy to hook up with you guys again.
Right now 11:30 we are getting things ready to go for our trip home but are planning on making a quick run over to shelbourne and a possible run around the lake quick.

Heading out by 3:00 for home so it will be short.

I cant beleive there arent more sutphens around here.
They are a Great value for a used boat right now and they are building some ALL NEW models as we speak. Killer Wave Crushers.

jpmac 09-07-2008 11:57 AM

Iffy here west of the lake....starting to break a bit though???? Pats on at 1pm...I don't know???

dieselstrng 09-07-2008 02:20 PM

Yeah still a little chilly.......

Slinky 09-07-2008 06:52 PM

anyone make it out? spent the day preping my new landscape trailer for the rest of the season...cant believe the leaves are alleady starting to fall! dont see too many more trips on the boat this year :(