Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New guy here who needs some advice. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187116-new-guy-here-who-needs-some-advice.html)

DollaBill 05-21-2008 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2565050)
I think our boy wants to give up the 30-second blasts across ponds and start running rollers out in the Atlantic. The former is OK but gets old after a while. The latter never does. Running a 10,000 lb vee up the back of a big swell, from a hole so deep you can't see the horizon, then jumping across to the next one is a pretty satisfying substitute for max speed. With or without the Miami Vice soundtrack.

Bill- the MV music is covered under under my Sonny Crockett Wannabe franchise. Please remit your check this morning.

This is going to get expensive. I even ordered a working "brick" Motorola phone last night. I think it will be pimp for the poker runs :)

Chris Sunkin 05-21-2008 08:50 AM

If you get the platinum package, you can have an aluminum briefcase full of white powder, a black friend with a funny, unrecognizable accent and drive a kit car with overdubbed Ferrari sounds. You can also get a sound-effects device to make your blown big-blocks sound just like outboards. Or is it the other way around. Anyway, all this for one low monthly fee. Plus, we'll throw in the phone AND you can date Sheena Easton.

DollaBill 05-21-2008 08:55 AM

WHERE DO I SIGN? LOL Wait, thats already the program we have in Ft. Lauderdale................ except now its LV briefcases, white guys with Russian accents, Mercedes SL's that sound like Lambo's and boats with mufflers and Turndowns. And it's playmates instead of singers

Chris Sunkin 05-21-2008 09:02 AM

Hey, you can be a wannabe or you can have the real deal, 80's style.

bruin_d 05-21-2008 01:47 PM

I think our boy wants to give up the 30-second blasts across ponds and start running rollers out in the Atlantic. The former is OK but gets old after a while...

EXACTLY!!!

Chris Sunkin 05-21-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bruin_d (Post 2565492)
EXACTLY!!!

Then stick with a deep vee over 35 feet in length. Stick with a name brand because unless you spend a half-mil, you'll be wanting to upgrade in the first month or so. There's no such thing as "too much" in this game and you're going to probably need to sell it to get the next bigger/faster one. Scarab/Cig/Fountain sell better than the less-recognizable boats.

OkieTunnel 05-21-2008 02:18 PM

I think our boy wants to give up the 30-second blasts across ponds and start running rollers out in the Atlantic. The former is OK but gets old after a while. The latter never does. Running a 10,000 lb vee up the back of a big swell, from a hole so deep you can't see the horizon, then jumping across to the next one is a pretty satisfying substitute for max speed.

Until that CC with a load of fisherman passes you!:D

I wasn't suggesting he stay in a v-drive lake boat. Just that if he was in that fast of a lakeboat he's probably going to find himself gravitating toward a faster offshore boat.

JohnnyMarshall 05-21-2008 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2564798)
more pictuires............... a little slower than you wanted, right at 70mph??

Blume, do you know the previous owner of that boat?

Cash Bar 05-21-2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2564789)
Here's one close to your price, 1994 38' Fountain Fever, freshwater boat with 502EFI's, 415HP. 220 total hours. Recent paint, interior and upgraded dash.

That's a nice looking boat but only Stecz would like that "pride" sunpad. :grinser010::party-smiley-004:

bruin_d 05-21-2008 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2565532)
Then stick with a deep vee over 35 feet in length. Stick with a name brand because unless you spend a half-mil, you'll be wanting to upgrade in the first month or so. There's no such thing as "too much" in this game and you're going to probably need to sell it to get the next bigger/faster one. Scarab/Cig/Fountain sell better than the less-recognizable boats.

Gotcha. You have been a lot of help and I appreciate it.