Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Latest on Don Aronow Memorial Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187167-latest-don-aronow-memorial-race.html)

sean stinson 05-27-2008 02:19 PM

You 2 guys kill me....

T2x 05-27-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2571193)
I've got some pills. How do you wnat to feel?

Like I felt at 18..............

T2x

T2x 05-27-2008 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2571210)
You 2 guys kill me....

Sean:

Sorry about the call back......please try again...your number got overwhelmed in my phone history before I could write it down....

T2x

sean stinson 05-27-2008 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2571351)
Like I felt at 18..............

T2x

Thats easy its a little blue pill 100mg and she will think you're 18 trust me also check your PM box

Sean

Queenie 05-27-2008 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2571056)
Brownie said the other day that one half of the Mother Daughter team of Rene and Gale Jacoby will be attending the old racers get together at Sunny Isles.

There are many who have no idea who they were, so take a moment to read this and understand just what they did back then, so when you meet her, you will know.

The two boats with the number 3 on them were considered pretty slick race boats back then. They were made by Prowler and were very fast for the day.

The photo of the houseboat is a great story all by itself. Made by Thunderbird ....now Formula. It was a 40 footer and powered with twin Chrysler 325 HP engines. These two women entered it in the BAHAMAS 500 mile race. The actual distance that year was 512 miles. Out of 63 entrants, only 16 made it to the finish.

The girls did finish in a time of 35 hours and 24 minutes.

I would love to meet either of them. What a great story!

Scott B 05-27-2008 09:33 PM

Ask them to bring the articles hanging on the wall @ the office :) :)

rouxsterre 05-27-2008 10:45 PM

I have been looking for an original Prowler for years. Are there any left ? . . . .

The only Prowlers out there are fiberglass runabouts or whatever.

Top Banana 05-28-2008 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Final artwork for the participants only patch.

These patches will only be given to the crews on the boats that are racing.

The other patch, the one Brownie has, will be available to the general public as well as the racers.

offshoredrillin 05-28-2008 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2572043)
Final artwork for the participants only patch.

These patches will only be given to the crews on the boats that are racing.

The other patch, the one Brownie has, will be available to the general public as well as the racers.

beautiful, if that could be made into a sticker as well, I would like to have one for each side of the boat to leave on. i think it would be a cool badge of honor for the boat when running on poker runs and such...

Top Banana 05-28-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2572048)
beautiful, if that could be made into a sticker as well, I would like to have one for each side of the boat to leave on. i think it would be a cool badge of honor for the boat when running on poker runs and such...

We have a decal that is about 10 X 12 that is basically the same thing.

Once again these decals are to be given to the actual racers only.

They were designed to be left on, for those who want to keep them for poker runs or pulling into Shooters, looking cool.