Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187219-need-boat-haul-mi-az.html)

Anarchy Powerboats 05-23-2008 09:12 AM

it was a dig, carry on......

bgchuby01 05-23-2008 09:21 AM

no problem ken, I am used to it by now, It is just that everyone jumps on me for telling people to verify insurance before handing someone your boat and only last week an OSO member gave his boat to a guy who was recommended by another OSO member as a transporter and the guy destroyed the trailer and to no surprise the guy had no cargo insurance and is begging the boat owner not to say anything knowing he woud be out of business. People may jump on me for being outspoken sometimes but when you charge a decent rate to haul a boat and other ones come in at half price there has to be a catch. Now this OSO member is out a bran new trailer.

Freeryd 05-23-2008 12:21 PM

so what's the story? is this still up cuz he's a paying member, or did the wardens take the weekend off to play? ;)

JB4Boyne 05-23-2008 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01 (Post 2567831)
no problem ken, I am used to it by now, It is just that everyone jumps on me for telling people to verify insurance before handing someone your boat and only last week an OSO member gave his boat to a guy who was recommended by another OSO member as a transporter and the guy destroyed the trailer and to no surprise the guy had no cargo insurance and is begging the boat owner not to say anything knowing he woud be out of business. People may jump on me for being outspoken sometimes but when you charge a decent rate to haul a boat and other ones come in at half price there has to be a catch. Now this OSO member is out a bran new trailer.

I've been in the trucking business for 29 years. 48 state authority, insurance, logged over 4 million miles without putting a scratch on anything. And I do it legal. What more could you ask for. I'm just use to hauling things larger and more valuable then boats.

GOFSTCAT 05-23-2008 12:57 PM

so do you pay for an ad we also are paying members

JB4Boyne 05-23-2008 01:02 PM

Yes, watch the banner add at the top

GOFSTCAT 05-23-2008 07:02 PM

ok so that must be it thanks

bgchuby01 05-23-2008 09:56 PM

gofstcat your logo says you are a registered member. To the best of my knowledge that means you are on this site for free. Maybe I missed something

JB I got no issue with you I was just explaining why people jump on other people.

32 hustler 05-23-2008 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Freeryd (Post 2567770)
i've never seen a post get pulled off here for offering to make a haul for someone....hope theres another reason yours got pulled, otherwise that's pretty crappy! Just my 2 cents. :)

i had my posts for (truck heading south) pulled off 5 times in one week just last week, i am a paying member and have at least two ads running at one time for the last three years straight. the post is still up on speedwake, no problem there. by the way i have a business and insurance.

GOFSTCAT 05-24-2008 08:54 AM

reg under the bus name this is my personal