Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Super Hawaii Redu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187445-super-hawaii-redu.html)

sean stinson 05-26-2008 10:52 PM

Hey buddy
Wow she looks beautiful....now how's that drive holding up??? Did you have to redo that yet??? Say hi to Linda and the rest of the family.

Sean

boatme 05-27-2008 05:15 AM

Mark

Looks great

nice update

Payton 05-27-2008 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2570594)
Hey buddy
Wow she looks beautiful....now how's that drive holding up??? Did you have to redo that yet??? Say hi to Linda and the rest of the family.

Sean

Hey Sean What's up??

The drive bit the dust, or should I say concrete. I hit some concrete last summer in East Chicago harbor. The insurance company helped replace both drives and transome assemblies. That was nice of them.:D

ClassCig38 05-27-2008 03:23 PM

Hi, Mark! WOW I love the new colors...adds so much to an already beautiful boat. Can't wait to see it up close. Of course, as soon as it gets a little warmer! Hope to see you verrrry soon. Take care,

Patti (and Mark)!

Steve_H 05-27-2008 04:44 PM

always liked your SH. looks great :cool-smiley-011:

wrinkleface 05-27-2008 06:28 PM

Very nice!!

IDRPSTF 05-27-2008 06:29 PM

I know they started life as "Superhero Powerboats" and safe to say that they had to stop almost as soon as they started. A good friend of mine in Hawaii used to run one for hire. I had a great shot of the boat running straight up a huge (hawaii huge) wave. Very strong boats with a great history. No expence spared when they where built.

Back4More 05-27-2008 06:40 PM

Looks great!

ctadams21 05-27-2008 08:07 PM

Nice work! Good to see at least one of these being preserved...... or should I say improved.

HabanaJoe 05-27-2008 10:02 PM

The boat does look good!!! Send me the graphic I'll make you shirts on the house, that boat brings tears to my eyes!!!

For a little history on Super Hero, it started in early 1989 with a little twin engine outboard race boat out in CA and Kitami wanted to go bigger. The Buzzi 38 EBEL was purchased but possesion could not be granted until after the World's in 1989. The 38 carried the name Super Hero on her in in small print at the 1989 worlds at Trump Castle and then was renamed "SH" and re-numbered as a Pro Stock boat for the Key West race that year. After that in 1991 the 38' became #38 Super Hero and raced in both OPT and APBA.

Everything was fine until we recieved a letter from Marvel comics about the name "Super Hero". We could of fought it and probably would have won but trademark cases drag on for years and years. The fear was if by some slight chance we were to loose the case then however many years worth of marketing Super Hero would be lost along with damages to Marvel.

The decision was made to just change the name now before too much water flowed under the bridge and not take the case to court.

The Super Hero 34 came from the Midnight Express 32 and the SH 40 came from the Midnight 37.

Little known fact is we also purchased the lone 45' Apache strictly to pop a mold from her as well, but never got around to it before crap hit the fan. The boat was sold again as if we never owned her.