If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Illustrious One Charter Member sean stinson's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Back on the dock!!!!!!!
    Internationally Famous
    Hey buddy
    Wow she looks how's that drive holding up??? Did you have to redo that yet??? Say hi to Linda and the rest of the family.

Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!

My Boats:
    Sold the Cig
    Spring Lake, Michigan

Looks great

nice update

Charter Member #927 Charter Member Payton's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 34' Super Hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
    Hey buddy
    Wow she looks how's that drive holding up??? Did you have to redo that yet??? Say hi to Linda and the rest of the family.

Hey Sean What's up??

The drive bit the dust, or should I say concrete. I hit some concrete last summer in East Chicago harbor. The insurance company helped replace both drives and transome assemblies. That was nice of them.

Gold Member Gold Member ClassCig38's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1985 38ft flatdeck Cigarette
    Hi, Mark! WOW I love the new colors...adds so much to an already beautiful boat. Can't wait to see it up close. Of course, as soon as it gets a little warmer! Hope to see you verrrry soon. Take care,

Patti (and Mark)!
    Chicago Powerboat Club
    T-Dock - CB Club

Walk with your own Stick,
    Dance to your own Tune,
    Think with your own Mind,
    Fly with your own Wings!

always liked your SH. looks great

Platinum Member Platinum Member wrinkleface's Avatar
    My Boats:
    NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
    Very nice!!

My Boats:
    Whatever you missed your payment on
    In your driveway while you sleep
    I know they started life as "Superhero Powerboats" and safe to say that they had to stop almost as soon as they started. A good friend of mine in Hawaii used to run one for hire. I had a great shot of the boat running straight up a huge (hawaii huge) wave. Very strong boats with a great history. No expence spared when they where built.

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    Looks great!

LOTO-MO, 28MM
    Nice work! Good to see at least one of these being preserved...... or should I say improved.

My Boats:
    32 SeaCraft
    Freehold, NJ
    The boat does look good!!! Send me the graphic I'll make you shirts on the house, that boat brings tears to my eyes!!!

For a little history on Super Hero, it started in early 1989 with a little twin engine outboard race boat out in CA and Kitami wanted to go bigger. The Buzzi 38 EBEL was purchased but possesion could not be granted until after the World's in 1989. The 38 carried the name Super Hero on her in in small print at the 1989 worlds at Trump Castle and then was renamed "SH" and re-numbered as a Pro Stock boat for the Key West race that year. After that in 1991 the 38' became #38 Super Hero and raced in both OPT and APBA.

Everything was fine until we recieved a letter from Marvel comics about the name "Super Hero". We could of fought it and probably would have won but trademark cases drag on for years and years. The fear was if by some slight chance we were to loose the case then however many years worth of marketing Super Hero would be lost along with damages to Marvel.

The decision was made to just change the name now before too much water flowed under the bridge and not take the case to court.

The Super Hero 34 came from the Midnight Express 32 and the SH 40 came from the Midnight 37.

Little known fact is we also purchased the lone 45' Apache strictly to pop a mold from her as well, but never got around to it before crap hit the fan. The boat was sold again as if we never owned her.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast