Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
always be the first one to help some one tie up
Also great advice at S and M parties.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga
I am curious! Were you in the skater that had the blower sticking up outta the sun pad? Wish I could remember for sure! If so we were tied up at the launch dock at Portman's somewhere N or S of 12:00 getting our boat inspected for the useless(for us) 2nd card. If so we watched ya cruise back and forth in front of Charlie T's after we got there.

We ran the run backwards. The house we rented was next to the T-60 Grill. I will say we had ta dodge a few 4-5 wide wide ass open,don't follow the rules of the water kindda boaters. I was totally suprised because I am certain at least 3 were OSO'er's. We had ta back completely down and wait for the high speeders ta pass ta be safe.

Perhaps we will meet in the future! We would definately like ta meet some people ta become water friends with!
No, I was in an Advantage Party Cat, and I launched about 10:30 or so from Portman's. I did cruise back and forth at Charlie T's, hoping for a place to park, but wasn't going to run my boat aground on the rocky bottom, and if someone would have offered to let you raft up to their boat, you would have had to climb over a dozen more to get to the dock to get to the card draw, so I went back to Portman's around 4:00, but after the wait to get boat out of water, I was past the deadline to trade my chips for cards, so I didn't stick around for any further party. I'd have to say Hartwell is a really nice lake, and when the water comes back up it would be better still, but like most Corp of Engineer lakes, there is not much commercialization on it. I've boated a good bit at Lake Murray and Lake Norman, and live in the Myrtle Beach area and like them for their spots that have restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. You about have to be able to stop and dock somewhere or meet a crowd rafted up somewhere to meet anyone new. I guess I missed opportunities on Friday to meet anyone by getting a late start. Saturday, being unfamiliar with the lake, I was too busy trying to find the check points (which sure didn't stand out) to talk with anyone on the water, and was just overall dragging up the rear, which cost me the chance to get a poker hand. I did get the T-shirt to prove I was there.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to the Miami boat show this winter an wore my OSO tee shirt and meet a few people Old School, Biggus. I think Oldschool needed a little sleep after the Miami show:

I have meet GLH and Waterheater on a fun run in Vt.
Attached Thumbnails Meeting fellow offshoreonly folks-naples-08-117-large-.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masi242

I have meet GLH and Waterheater on a fun run in Vt.
so what am I ???, CHOPPED LIVER?

Actually, met several OSO'rs on GL's Champlain run.

I find meeting an OSO'r is like meeting anyone else on the water. MOST, not all but MOST I have met have been very friendly and happy to meet ya. I started a thread a few years back about visiting LA and ended up getting multiple boat rides in the ocean.

Attending local poker runs is a great way to meet other performance boaters BUT, it is you that needs to take the initiative to say HELLO. I have made many lifelong friends by doing just that.
Try it sometime. Boating is no place for wall flowers.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I find it easy to meet people, take a plunger, your friends will stick it on the hosts head while he sleeps...admire the artwork of the local girls...and help people with their makeup and nails while they are sleeping...
Attached Thumbnails Meeting fellow offshoreonly folks-roper-get-owned-sbrt.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 05-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fund razor
I will need to meet you in Vegas since we couldn't get it together working at the same hospital.
For sure! Just let me know when you're coming out this way.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
I can sympathize with you. It was the first time to Hartwell for me, and my wife, and I didn't decide to go until Friday afternoon. By the time I got to the registration party, the registration was over, so I went back Saturday morning and registered. The people at the registration were nice but didn't know much about the run, just gave out the packet and the lunch. By the time I found Portmans, and then the stops, which were hard to find I thought, and got back to the final stop there was no where to moor without swimming in 25' of water, so I went back and put my boat on the trailer and drove back to Charlie T's, and was 18 minutes late, so didn't get any cards. As you said, people on the water seemed friendly, but I'll not go again without someone I know in advance or can connect with.
Heavyhauler,

I plan to be in Myrtle Beach from June 22nd to the 28th or 29th. Let me know if you're going to be in town and we can hook up. I have yet to physically meet anyone from here myself!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

I though of this this morning walk up to any group and start talking about how you are looking to purchase a used boat you will have a lot of friends
Old 05-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
I once dropped down on a dock covered with duck poo to keep Packin's 22 sanger alley cat sponson from going under the dock and hooking. Maybe that investment didn't pay off so good.
You should have saved the boat and put PackinFudge under the dock.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

i also find it very easy to meet peeps on the board.. im not sure if its my sparkleing personality, or im just so fing cool.....

oh yeah, i am Mr. Womderful, that could have somthing to do with my success....

just show up at a run that you know oso peeps will be there.. walk up and introduce yourself, and buy a round..

buying a round will make friends anywhere....

if a guy like jc perf can have friends, so can you!!!!!

Quick Reply: Meeting fellow offshoreonly folks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.