Notices

People are scumbags.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People are scumbags.

Out at Silver Glen this weekend and come back to the ramp(Astor on the St Johns) this morning only to have my buddies diesel truck fall flat on its face pulling his 30' Chappy cruiser up the ramp...dead empty tank!It made for an exciting manuver keeping the truck from getting dragged back down.

We go check the other diesel before we risk someone elses life on the ramp and same thing...slap empty.60 gals of Diesel gone right in front of the sheriff sub station.Mine is gas and was untouched.

How exactly do you spend that much time pulling fuel out the filler neck and not get caught right in front of the cop shop?
Old 05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Damn. That is about as sh*tty as a person can get. Unfortunately with the economy going the way its going and with deisel and gas costing so much, it is bound to be happening alot more often nowadays.

But since we are on scumbags.... we take a friends 21' SeaRay out yesterday. They are having some kind of Democrat party at the park next door and people are parking in the spots for trucks and trailers. Cops circling the parking lot and not doing a damn thing about it. I find a spot behind a small 2 seat sports car and pull the truck up to it's bumper and it actually almost fits in the spot. Moments later several other start doing the same thing. No problems right? That's what I thought.

We get back to the dock 2.5hours later and some scum has parked his truck and empty trailer behind us and two other trucks, blocking us in. I was extremely mad. Thank goodness I am a weight lifter and so was my buddy that was with me.... we picked his trailer up and completely jack knifed it so we could get our truck and trailer out. We left that guys trailer sticking out into the flow of traffic. Complete lack of respect for others. Now I am not a violent person, but I sure would have loved to give him a few choice words. UUUGGGHHHHH.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting to launch yesterday and a guy in a dodge with a ski boat is launching,no problem i know its mem day weekend i planned on having to wait. Guy gets out of his truck and walks to the boat talks to his buddy for a min and comes back to th truck opens the door and locks it. He then proceeds to get in his boat and go for a ride,trailer still in the water I manage to get over to the other side and get the boat in the water and have it side ways to block the trailer in the water. The azz clown comes back and wants to load back up so i decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and warm the engine up extra longI made sure no one else was waiting to launch. I did get to watch a group of guys try to launch a pontoon without taking the stern straps off
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
How exactly do you spend that much time pulling fuel out the filler neck and not get caught right in front of the cop shop?
Because they're out there making sure all the Manatees are safe and happy from the eeeeeeeevil power boaters!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Registered

I guess it's back to the locking gas caps like in the 70's
Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by enticer
Just don't get the plastic Stant locking caps. I lost the keys to my cap and found it took less than 1 real minute to pop the locking part off with a screw driver. Very disappointed in that. Hope they changed that design...
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
Out at Silver Glen this weekend and come back to the ramp(Astor on the St Johns) this morning only to have my buddies diesel truck fall flat on its face pulling his 30' Chappy cruiser up the ramp...dead empty tank!It made for an exciting manuver keeping the truck from getting dragged back down.

We go check the other diesel before we risk someone elses life on the ramp and same thing...slap empty.60 gals of Diesel gone right in front of the sheriff sub station.Mine is gas and was untouched.

Would have been really easy if he had a external pump on on his truck. Funny I was thinking of this when I filled two of my 1500 long bed trucks with 31 gallon tanks on Friday. They took $238 to fill both and they were going to sit at the warehouse all weekend. If kids were stealing $1 gas 30 years ago they are probably going to steal $4 gas now for sure.

That boat ramp parking in Astor could be a little hidden from the street if you are on the back row away from the road especially if the parking lot is full. Sheriff Andy Griffith and Deputy Fife must have been patrolling the donut shop.......
Old 05-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by enticer
Now they have been drilling a hole in your tank and suk it out
Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Especially if you have a lifted truck, they just crawl under pop a hole in the tank and funnel it straight into their jugs. That way they don't need a pump or siphon method and can be below visability in most parking lots. We were in Havasu over Memorial Day weekend and found out they are stealing everything that isn't bolted down, locked up and guard watching it, this is ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

2 years ago, a good friend of mine and I launched at Holland, MI and crossed the Lake to Racine, WI. My buddy was pulling my boat with his truck. We filled the boat up at the pump, my buddy said,"Eh, why not. I'll fill my truck up with the pump ahead of yours while you fill the boat up." 2 days later when we return, truck had an 1/8 of a tank. One thing I don't like about the State Boat Launch at Holland, the over night parking is all the way in the back of the overflow parking. and not well patrolled....

Quick Reply: People are scumbags.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.