If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Cool AudioFin-Question on Hdtv

Audiofin, I am considering purchasing an HDTV ,The one I have been looking at is a Hitachi 53Uwx10b. It sells in the area here for 2599.I currently have a small 27"Hitachi that has been a great set.What are your thoughts on this set,this is the price range I would like to stay within. Thanx in advance for your comments.

I sell the hitachi's but have not in a while as I have many other options. If you like the picture that would not be a bad price. I would step up and get the model with the screen saver. It should not cost that much more.You could also look at the panasonic 56 or for a few more dollars I would look into the Pioneer 533HD it will blow all the others away. The Pioneer and the Hitachi should be close in price after you add the screen saver. I checked the price on bestbuys website for the Pioneer it is 3499.00 But check in one of their stores as you can buy it cheaper than that. I could sell you one for less than 3k including shipping. So you should be able to beat them up on the price.
    I hope this helps, Forrest
    Last edited by FWK; 02-23-2002 at 12:15 PM.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Yup I would recommend the Pioneer or the Sony. You will get a much better longer lasting picture with those two brands. They will only be a little more money but image quality will be much better. It is so hard to explain why it is really something that has to be shown to you by a guy that really knows video. That is why I can say with out a doubt the ONLY DVD player to buy is the Panasonic 91 or a DVD player that uses thier platform (and there are a lot of them). You will apreciate the better sets after you watch them in your house for a while.