Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My boat made the paper this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187576-my-boat-made-paper-weekend.html)

Queenie 05-27-2008 02:47 PM

It has a weight capacity plate, but not number of people capacity plate.

omerta one 05-27-2008 02:57 PM

In Missouri persons sitting on the hatch and/or standing on the deck would constitute a violation if the boat was in gear and not engaged in the process of mooring/casting off. The statutes may be less restrictive in Ct. A copy of the Mo reg follows:

Motorboats, regulations as to passenger seating while under way--person in water, flag required, when--slow speed required, when--penalty.

306.126. 1. The operator of a motorboat shall not allow any person to ride or sit on the gunwales, decking over the bow, railing, top of seat back or decking over the back of the motorboat while under way, unless such person is inboard of adequate guards or railing provided on the motorboat to prevent a passenger from being lost overboard. As used in this section, the term "adequate guards or railing" means guards or railings having a height parameter of at least six inches but not more than eighteen inches. Nothing in this section shall be construed to mean that passengers or other persons aboard a motorboat cannot occupy the decking over the bow of the boat to moor it to a mooring buoy or to cast off from such a buoy, or for any other necessary purpose. The provisions of this section shall not apply to vessels propelled by sail.

bmanafort 05-27-2008 08:07 PM

What the picture doesnt show is that we just pulled off the dock from harbor park and the guy on the deck just finished with the line and was making his way back in.

Queenie 05-27-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort (Post 2571606)
What the picture doesnt show is that we just pulled off the dock from harbor park and the guy on the deck just finished with the line and was making his way back in.

Not everyone is making assumptions here.....it's a great pic! If that was my boat, I'd be telling everyone too!

baywatch 05-27-2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort (Post 2571606)

I actually got pulled over last year @ the fall harbor hop @ LOTO for what Omerta is showing. The kicker was that I was totally in neutral and the water patroler was just fishing for a drunk. My wife jumped up to put the bow line and along he came out of no where.

He could tell that I was sober, that my two year old was wearing his pfd and that I was quite confident about the fact that the boat was in neutral and that I had done nothing wrong. He asked to see pfd's at which point I killed boat engines because I still was wearing my lanyard. Once he saw the jackets he was on his way (didn't ask for any documentation or anything else).

baywatch 05-27-2008 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89 (Post 2571242)
It has a weight capacity plate, but not number of people capacity plate.

Mine is the same, just a weight capacity. My 36' is very tight in the cockpit and I wouldn't want any more than a max of 6 people. Most the time it's just me my wife and our 2 year old.

Queenie 05-27-2008 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 2571694)
Mine is the same, just a weight capacity. My 36' is very tight in the cockpit and I wouldn't want any more than a max of 6 people. Most the time it's just me my wife and our 2 year old.

Agreed....like I said, prefer 5 and 99% of the time, it's just me and Rob.

We have a poker run in a few weeks and have a couple pusing us to put them on our boat, putting us to 7 people. I told them sorry but no. I'm not comfortable with 7 people on the boat, even if the lake is flat.

Dirty Bird 05-27-2008 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne (Post 2570915)
You should make them girls ride on my boat so your buddy doesn't have to stand on the deck.:drink:

Tough Crowd = Jealous crowd. Looked like a fun day of boating with front page to boot. That is what cigging is all about

xconn92 05-28-2008 08:38 AM

Billy, your boat kicks azz. See you on the river or the sound this summer!

Mentalpause 05-28-2008 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2571252)
In Missouri persons sitting on the hatch and/or standing on the deck would constitute a violation if the boat was in gear and not engaged in the process of mooring/casting off. The statutes may be less restrictive in Ct. A copy of the Mo reg follows:

Motorboats, regulations as to passenger seating while under way--person in water, flag required, when--slow speed required, when--penalty.

306.126. 1. The operator of a motorboat shall not allow any person to ride or sit on the gunwales, decking over the bow, railing, top of seat back or decking over the back of the motorboat while under way, unless such person is inboard of adequate guards or railing provided on the motorboat to prevent a passenger from being lost overboard. As used in this section, the term "adequate guards or railing" means guards or railings having a height parameter of at least six inches but not more than eighteen inches. Nothing in this section shall be construed to mean that passengers or other persons aboard a motorboat cannot occupy the decking over the bow of the boat to moor it to a mooring buoy or to cast off from such a buoy, or for any other necessary purpose. The provisions of this section shall not apply to vessels propelled by sail.

I didn't intend to bust any chops. But being from LOTO they are pretty strict on having people on the engine hatch. So the title and picture seemed ironic.

Omerto, I've had the officers here tell me "under way" referred to above was construed as the engines running!:eek:

I got stopped one time in the no wake by grand glaize for folks inside standing up behind the bolsters, officer thought they were sitting on top of the sides of the boat. He had a trainee with him and just wanted practice putting people through the drill. Funny part was he had stopped me two hours prior going into Frankie and Louie's since he thought I was not in idle, which I was, and had the trainee practice asking me all the questions.

At Grand Glaize my wife got frustrated with him and made a comment about him not even remembering walking us through it a couple hours ago - and he politely apologized, thanked us and ended the process....:p