Gas prices vs Boat prices? >

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Notices

Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will definately hurt boat values, just like SUV's. So getting rid of your boat will be costly and difficult. I would rather wait it out. Not interested in leaving this hobby/lifestyle. I will conserve fuel where I can, but I'll still be boating. The money you would lose selling your boat will probably pay for several years worth of fuel.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I will definately be cutting back on my boating this year. This crappy economy has my income down so now I don't have the extra $ for fuel. Keeping my gas guzzlers for now, hoping things will turn around soon.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by enticer
Been trying to sell my boat for 2 years and now I don't even get calls. It will be a classic by the time it sells
Didn't help that the factory went out of business and you have probably the baddest Powerquest in company history..........
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Yesterday I seen a bunch of gas stations at $4.05 per gal. in FLA. I also saw a bunch of stations closed down.(
They don't want to upgrade the tanks to a double wall setup. They knew it was coming for 10 years but on shrinking margins many stations are opting to just sell the land for a profit rather than dump 200K into a business with lower margins/ bigger expenses.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

I am so glad I bought a single engine boat rather then the double that I was looking at last year.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
It will definately hurt boat values, just like SUV's. So getting rid of your boat will be costly and difficult. I would rather wait it out. Not interested in leaving this hobby/lifestyle. I will conserve fuel where I can, but I'll still be boating. The money you would lose selling your boat will probably pay for several years worth of fuel.
I hate to burst anyones bubble. A few years, I won't even waste ink on the screen to complain. This situation is not a "few years". The world is smaller, there aren't any more new frontires and new discoveries. The US budget and defficit can't survive a constant gov. expenditures hoping that later will recover. THis is not a recoverable "recesion" while no one want's to admit it, and we are all in denial. I HOPE I'm wrong.
I won't stop boating, but I will change life styles. I'm not nto the dooms day BS but things are changing and we have to get ready and prepare. There are no more yupies and baby boomers to bail the US econ. out. The middle class and upper middle class, taking the most of the burden for all the economical BS, gas prices etc. are thinking abut retiring in 5-15 years. No major spending sprees. The next generation are not ready to spend major $. therefore the less spending, less $ exhcange.. weak markets,, shlty economy. It will take 5+ years... food for thought.. my .02 and hope I'm dead wrong, and wish I could say "I was wrong"..
Old 05-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Isn't it sick how much the cost of our passion has gone up? Last week i got a letter in the mail something to the effect "respected business leaders, bla, bla, bla has been invited to have dinner with the President" My first reaction was that I am not going to support that F?*&king dick. He has this nation so messed up now, with little signs on short recovery. It's so much bigger the just the cost of gas to play or even just to get to work... Sorry to vent... I'll stop... Hope there aren't any bush fans reading.

: Disclaimer I am NOT a Bush fan: But that being said if you really think this nation is messed up due to one man, you are a bit naive on how the government works in this country.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Gas prices are phucked up but you guys sound like the world is coming to a hault. After I figured everything out the current price of gas is costing me about $85 more a weekend or about $1275 per year. So you tie-off a little more, or don't use your boat one weekend a month or .........slow down a little. I agree, everybody has their financial limits just trie to make the best of the current state of affairs. If you b!tch and complain, you will positively put an end to a sport you love. If your a fan of baseball and have been watching the games from box seats all your life, do you stop going to the games if you lose your box seat?? No, you just drink more beer and paint your face so nobody recognizes you.

For what it's worth, I went boating on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. On both day's I was astonished at the number of boats out....I mean crowded busy. Corner Gas station, $4.07 price on the water $4.99.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Paging Donzi C.....
We'r taking the Avanti out this weekend for prop trials. Wanna tag along?? BTW where did you buy your Donzi? LBM ?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

I bite my toungue as I coment here. WTF has the government got to do with the price of gas? If anything they have held the price down for a long time! Europe has been paying twice what we are now for awhile! I'm just like everyone else and want cheap gas!

The thing people need to do is do their part! I'm trying! I can buy the gas to do what I have always done. But this situation pisses me off. I'm tired of feeding the ARABS! I am doing the best I can to use as little gas as I can. If everyone would do the same it would make a big difference! I am squeaking 20MPG outta my Suburban(when I need it for Bus.) and got 14 towing my 260 legend powerquest! Just gotta slow down a little! I ran a short course at the Lake Hartwell Pokerrun and didn't run balls out cause I didn't wanna feed the Arabs! I only burned $150 worth a gas in the boat and ran the boat 2 days before the run!

Wake up America! It's time ta show the Arabs we can do without....if ya don't we'll be payin $10 a gallon! WTF I guessd my legs can used some exercise and I will get out my bike!

Originally Posted by Donzi Corleone
I'm going to keep both rather then lose my azzz. Blew 350 on gas for a 26ZX Donzi and a F-250 4x4 towing it just 60 miles one-way. Boating is no longer a pleasurable hobby. I used to spend that much on repairs, now its a day on the water. Those of you who have deep pockets wont understand the dilema facing the avg. boater. I gave up my 30 spectre due to insurance issues and now just wanting to get on the water is a huge expense. Say what you want, this Govt. and Congress are steering this country into the abyss. Totaly out of touch with soceity and how people are going to pay bills. I make a good living, but my daughters are struggling to make ends meet with the cost of living right now, and getting to and from work with gas at 4.00 dollars.

Quick Reply: Gas prices vs Boat prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.