Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   'MY WAY' new 51 OL, home. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/187835-my-way-new-51-ol-home.html)

Cash Bar 05-31-2008 02:06 PM

"Bet that thing goes dang near a hunnerd"..... :D

"How many BASS Tournaments did you win to get that boat ?"

bluellama 05-31-2008 02:30 PM

"Are them big shiny things the live wells"

Jassman 05-31-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2575596)
"Are them big shiny things the live wells"

or they could be used for a craw fish boil...Mississippi style:party-smiley-004::D

btw..congrats on the boat...looks awesome all the way around.:cool-smiley-011:

AB From Windsor 05-31-2008 10:22 PM

Great looking boat.

Brad 05-31-2008 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by J Arruda (Post 2575059)
Some more photos for those that like the technical stuff.

Enjoy,
John Arruda
Turbine Marine Inc.

Rigging looks great! Not sure what all I'm looking at! LOL

thunderusone 05-31-2008 10:46 PM

I can honestly say that I have never seen brakerite electric over hydraulic trailer brake controllers in the bilge of a boat before.....wtf? Does it have brembo discs or what??:D

bluellama 05-31-2008 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2575868)
I can honestly say that I have never seen brakerite electric over hydraulic trailer brake controllers in the bilge of a boat before.....wtf? Does it have brembo discs or what??:D

I'm pretty sure the brakes are used on the output shaft of the turbine, to slow it down enough to allow the drives to be shifted.

I'm not sure how it works with a rudder boat, but with the #6's on the Skater they could dock it like twin engine Carver....

spilman 06-01-2008 12:31 AM

My Way

Canada Jeff, We will look for you & Cosmic this summer. Is Bill doing the A-Bay run again? I will be sure to go by his place as soon as I get up there to see the new "My Way". He has given us quite a show the past few years....I know he has displayed a lot of generousity to several people(children's groups) in the area; what a class act.
We would love to have more friends to boat with in the 1000 Islands...look me up from June thru September.
Chris Spilman

Canada Jeff 06-01-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2575533)
I would have to say way more:(. It is just beautiful and I can't wait to see it this summer. I just taked to a buddie up there and he said its not at the house on the river yet that he can see, when will it be home?

Who is your buddy?

Canada Jeff 06-01-2008 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2575873)
I'm pretty sure the brakes are used on the output shaft of the turbine, to slow it down enough to allow the drives to be shifted.

I'm not sure how it works with a rudder boat, but with the #6's on the Skater they could dock it like twin engine Carver....

Same thing steve, remember the #6's didn't shift. The trasmissions did. And its the same on this boat, stop the output shaft, shift the crash boxes, and relese the output shaft.