Pro Chargers and computers

Notices

Pro Chargers and computers

Old 05-31-2008, 02:53 PM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Chargers and computers

If you do the stage one 5 psi pro charger on a pair of small blocks do you have to redo the computers or no do you gain any more performance out of them by having them redone has any one else done the pro charger kit on a 29 scarab with twin 350's Thanks guys
Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trc2
If you do the stage one 5 psi pro charger on a pair of small blocks do you have to redo the computers or no do you gain any more performance out of them by having them redone has any one else done the pro charger kit on a 29 scarab with twin 350's Thanks guys
You certainly should. Where you located?

Dustin
Old 05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
scarab
Gold Member

East coast Maryland
Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Who will re tune them? I have a 383 and a procharger with a motorolla computer and I was told no one could tune them.Any help?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

check with cathouseperformancemarine.com they are knowledgeable with procharger applications
Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Procharger gets away with not reprograming the computer by using a multi step regulator to raise fuel pressure. It is usually pretty close on the top end. The problem comes in at idle and part throttle. Most, if not all, will run rich in these areas. This will generally soot up the transom. Although it won't hurt anything, it is annoying.By having the computer done, you will wind up with a much better running and driving engine. I will not install a Procharger without doing the computer. Which computer do you have?
Eddie
Old 06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Eddie,
Thanks for the help with Bills Nortech! I am heading over there tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out with the no fuel pump running!

John Smith
JAWS Marine
Old 06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trc2
I ran a Procharger for a while without having the computer reflashed. It ran fine up top but stumbled around at idle and midrange. I highly recommend getting it reprogrammed.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Pro-charger says you do not have to. Mine ran fine without it but like stated above the transom was black. I had mine done by Mark at Percision marine. It ran a lot cleaner when I got them back. as I understand there is probably no difference in top end though.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crowntow
Who will re tune them? I have a 383 and a procharger with a motorolla computer and I was told no one could tune them.Any help?
We recal the motorola on our kits, so maybe I can help you out if your having issues. email me at [email protected].

Dustin

Quick Reply: Pro Chargers and computers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.