Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
<<<Cast Your Vote!  How Do You Want Your OSO?>>> >

<<<Cast Your Vote! How Do You Want Your OSO?>>>

Notices
View Poll Results: Where do you want to go?
1. PG-13
36.47%
2. R
51.76%
3. X
11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

<<<Cast Your Vote! How Do You Want Your OSO?>>>

Old 02-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mostly read the forum while I am at work, so I would prefer to keep it PG-13. Girls in bikinis are great! But, I would be in deep **** if the boss was looking over my shoulder during the sheep pic!

If a thread is going to be R rated (or even X rated), please put a "warning" in the title.

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest down fall of the r or x rated format is that OSO will eventually lose the respect of manufactures and dealers in the offshore market - - - the "Power of the Board" will slowly dwindle.

I personally am not swayed one way or the other by the recent posting of the pictures (in fact the readers ride and boat show photo are excellent). . . but I often have to be sure that no one is looking over my shoulder at work due to the content of some photos.

Finally, the number of posts that a member has should not be looked down upon in regards to their opinion.....I have looked in nearly everyday for the past year and a half ... and I appreciated the majority of the topics and opinions on the board .
Old 02-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I Have Not,And I Never Will Post So Much As A Bare Booby On This Site... But Thats Just Me. I Thought The Photo Shop Had A Warning,Maybe Not Enough. I Think Everyone Agrees Give A Warning!!! Other Than That Dont Look!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Boating is supposed to be fun, and I'm here for the party as much as the information. Most of the photos have had some "redeeming social value", and were as harmless as most of the excellent jokes of the day that are posted on this forum. I guess the question is "Can we all follow a few simple guidelines, without making the board less interesting and entertaining?"

Guideline #1

If you're starting a thread that may have "adult content", then give fair warning (R) in the title. Anyone with issues can avoid it. In the same vein, don't drop adult content into a thread that does not have a warning.

Guideline #2

If you want members to post their pictures without fear of public humilation, then, in my opinion, the alteration and reposting of those images should be off limits. Who's going to decide whether your alteration was cute or defamatory? Who's going to decide what is the OSO community standard of decency? Let's just not go there.

Guideline #3??

Have we, the posters and lurkers on this Board, built up some kind of goodwill or good name or political clout that we need to protect? I'm not sure about that. Powerboat has already classified OSO as "electronic grafitti". Do we need a third guideline such as " Don't post anything that will adversely affect our ability to influence the sport for the benefit of all high performance boaters?" Sounds pretty high and mighty doesn't it? Well meaning guidelines like this get turned into censorship by different interpretation.

Post whatever you want. Just give us warning and don't screw with people's pictures.