The Blower Shop- shipping costs

Notices

The Blower Shop- shipping costs

Old 06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
Now that's just not right..

We toss goodies in the boxes with our customer's orders, but I weigh them first to get the freight charges for their stuff, then toss the goodies in and re-weigh, then print the UPS label..
We ordered a pair of riser gaskets fro some Red Line manifolds for a customer's boat a few weeks ago, reqeusted next day air. What we didn't request was for them to throw in a copy of their catalog that we already have several of. Shipping was $60 because of it, should have been about $20(the vendor is only about 100 miles from our shop) Now we loose money on the deal, the customer isn't going to pay that much for shipping, it isn't right to ask him to either. The gaskets were $15 for the pair and we charged him $20 for shipping, even after our mark up on the gaskets we lost $35 on the deal, that aint the best way to pay the bills.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

At this point where you have pictures of something that was clearly their fault, I would at least bring it to their attention and see what they can do for you. People make mistakes, give them a chance to make it right before you make it too public.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand people make mistakes. But this is a rough economy. I own an auto shop and what do you think would happen if I just installed a pair of wiper blades on a car that acually needed them for an extra $25.00 when a car came in for a $30.00 oil change and didn't ask the customer first? mike
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChallenSup
At this point where you have pictures of something that was clearly their fault, I would at least bring it to their attention and see what they can do for you. People make mistakes, give them a chance to make it right before you make it too public.
Some places just dont care , when i called and mentioned that it was pretty chitty i was told call Teague next time ..So i have and still do ... That order may have been a small one with the impellors but they must have forgotten about the 1471 blowers & 4 holley dominators the 2 orders before ..and it was'nt a employee i talked to the owner ..Phuch em plenty of places willing to take my $$$
Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tssteph
I ordered a intake to blower O-ring a couple weeks ago. $21 for the O-ring and $21 for shipping. However the service person was nice and the O-ring showed up in two days. It was in a big box though.
if your talking about the blower to intake oring,like .060 etc. I bought mine at a local rubber and hose biz for 40cents a foot.The oring material at the blower places

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've have noticed that alot of marine retailers make some good profit off shipping, from my own experience shipping stuff ups when you have an account with them, I'd say they are making about 100-300%. Whenever you process a package through ups software you do not even need to put the box dimensions in, just the weight. So regardless of the size of that box was it's the weight that counts. I gaurentee that box did not cost them more than $4.50 to ship it. With that being said U.S postal service would have been much cheaper
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had a supplier send me a $6 relay from Hamilton, Ontario. I wasn't in any hurry but they sent it Fedex Overnight International. $87.

I sent them a check for $6
Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

anything shipped by fed ex and ups overnight or any air pkg will get charged dim weight. Which means they will measure the box and charge you what it should weigh if it is less for taking up room on thier plane. shippers that ship alot alos get huge discounts, so it all gets passed on to the end user.