Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!! >

Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Notices

Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SWW17
That makes three of us affiliated with the rockford Ski Broncs. I was a member from 1981 through 1992. I think I remember two Dawns, one short and one tall.
I'm sure there are more around. I left in early 81. Came back a few times as a "guest".. I remember negotiating with Ski Nautique for the boats. My sister was there in the early 80's.
I still have my EP honeycomb skiis and the Connely tricks. WOW.. those were the days. Skiing all day and drinking all night at Stash O'neals on State St.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Paradox,
After being up here for almost one year, I can see why you avatar says Florida. I am ready to get out of here already. Still feel bad for those affected. 94 west bound is shut down between the rock river (johnson creek/lake mills)
Jr.
How was Jax run? boat looked great from the pixs! I should be back down there in a few weeks
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered

J-Bonz.
Thanks.. The Jax run was great. I liked the Midwest.. but you can't beat FLA. boating.. Year around. West, East Coast. Gulf Panhandle.. Keys.. IF you into boating.. few places competable. C'mon down.. will go for a ride.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
J-Bonz.
Thanks.. The Jax run was great. I liked the Midwest.. but you can't beat FLA. boating.. Year around. West, East Coast. Gulf Panhandle.. Keys.. IF you into boating.. few places competable. C'mon down.. will go for a ride.
Sounds good! I have to get down and get Itspeanut's boat roll'n. For sure, whatever weekend I pick I will get a hold of ya.
Jr.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by SWW17
That makes three of us affiliated with the rockford Ski Broncs. I was a member from 1981 through 1992. I think I remember two Dawns, one short and one tall.
she was very short, blonde, beautiful body and one of the nicest girls I have ever met.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supposed to get more rain in the next few days again. For up-to-date on the flooding and etc, check www.channel3000.com
They have some pretty good pics. Monday and Tuesday we have had employees leave to either pack up their houses or help family evacuate pending potential dam breaks.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I'm sure there are more around. I left in early 81. Came back a few times as a "guest".. I remember negotiating with Ski Nautique for the boats. My sister was there in the early 80's.
I still have my EP honeycomb skiis and the Connely tricks. WOW.. those were the days. Skiing all day and drinking all night at Stash O'neals on State St.
boy does that bring back memories.....late 70s early 80 at LOTO I had a orange colore ep honeycomb ski....I bought a HO ski last year and said I was going to start skiing again....but I found out at 41 years old that skiing is work....a few cuts back and forth my legs were like rubber bands...I may try again this year...but well just have to see about that...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
boy does that bring back memories.....late 70s early 80 at LOTO I had a orange colore ep honeycomb ski....I bought a HO ski last year and said I was going to start skiing again....but I found out at 41 years old that skiing is work....a few cuts back and forth my legs were like rubber bands...I may try again this year...but well just have to see about that...
I had a yellowish-green EP and a solid wood Connely (anyone remember what they were made of? it was beautiful) back around '77 - '78.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think I remeber the rocl river bronks also... I was on another team in NY and competed at the nationals in wis in 88' (I think, I cant really remember). I was part of the U.S. Waterski Show team. Nice name eh, makes us sound all that... haha..
Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getchasum111
LMAO

At 41 your still a kid. (i'm almost 51)
Back in 70's 80's the LOTO was different and it was great. You had a 21' boat and the king of the lake.. Now.. all condos.. huge cruisers.. can't ski.. floating docks takes up half the lake. I miss the old LOTO..
My old EP is Blue and red. Used it last summer in the Tampa bay area for about 10 minutes and I thought I died. Legs, arms, back, calfs sore as heII. Back in the days I used to go for hours.. That's 30+ years ago.. I will do a bit skiing this summer and try to get in a better shape. SKiing is great excersize. But ... damn it's hard to get back in the boat when you old and out of shape.. (correction.. older ) I still feel young.. but my body thinks otherwize.

Quick Reply: Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.