Notices

Victory Marine

Old 06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Victory Marine

I just wanted to give a thumbs up for Victory Marine. After searching for quite a few weeks for some XR parts a fellow OSO'er recommended I call Bill at Victory Marine.

They had the parts I needed as new take offs and sold them to me at 1/3 of Mercury's list price. Even better they shipped the same day and were packaged like a true professional did it!

So often you hear about all the bad things that happen in boating and with the internet, but these guys rock!

Thanks!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 2 drives and transome assemblies from them last summer. They were great to work with. My shipping took a little longer than that, but it was the middle of summer and had to be shipped by semi
Old 06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

There shop is not far from me, they are great people to deal with
Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Registered

Maybe now they are, but in the past, I had a horrible
experiance with them.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

sorry to hear about that, hope they made it right for you. It is hard to please everyone, in fact almost impossible
Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 AM

victim of "victory marine"

i'll never do business with "victory marine"...ever again...my experience with their motor rebuilds were terrible....(my 1st time ever to re-power a boat so i blame myself).....i had them rebuild some standard 502's to make 500hp's out of them....in my 35' cigarette cafe racer....

1. took them 5 months to do the work....(who takes that long....if i was considered a valuable customer...ya know)

2. port side motor failed (took on water) after 8 hours....(vicory said oil cooler was to blame)....but now i don't believe it....
because my starboard side motor just failed (took on water) after only 38 hours...when i had a "real motor shop"....take it apart...we discovered....the intake manifold gasket failed between the heads because the bolts were finger loose....thats right...my mechanic unthreaded the intake manifold bolts with his fingers not a wrench! Also, intake manifold and head and exhaust manifold bolts were wrong.... so the changes i am currently making on the failed motor will be done on the other motor as well...my thoughts are.....if i don't do it right...its just a matter of time before the other one fails again....

3. i will admit ....victory did a great job on my gauges and re-plumbing my fuel system....(my boat hasn't burnt to the ground yet....so all is well there)

4. after dealing with them for an extended period of time during the rebuilds....i just don't have the patience anymore...(i would rather go to the dentist...it would be less painful than the "victory marine" experience)

5. like i said...i totally blame myself...it was my ignorance that led me to victory marine...i didn't do any research on them and it bit me....$26,000.00 at victory and now i'm spending more money to get it right....

6. now that i have had this experience...i should have bought (2) 500hp long block motors from mercury that comes with a real factory warranty.....and had them installed

7. i have heard "good and bad things" about victory marine here lately since i'm actually researching other peoples eperiences with them....

8. owner: lil' bill-- knows his stuff office guy: scot---nice guy............but what does that have to do with "making things right with the product i was sold"?.....

9. after doing my research....i am surprised they are still in business
Old 06-02-2013, 07:57 AM

i forgot 6 out the 12 motor mount bolts were finger loose on my new rebuilds (which shocked me but-- owner lil bill wasn't surprised).... when i got the boat back home....me and my son had to tightened them all down properly
Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

I ordered a brand new Bravo 1 drive from them a few years ago and not only did they have the best price but the shipping was super fast also. I would buy from them again.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

I'm not sure but I thought "Bill" was the one that actually did all of the engine builds.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8. owner: lil' bill-- knows his stuff office guy: scot---nice guy............but what does that have to do with "making things right with the product i was sold"?.....
Bill,dont know him but from what i know scot is the one that is in charge of the service dept,,he has been fighting cancer for the last 2 yrs so with him being in and out of the hospitol the last few years may have somthing to do with it..

Quick Reply: Victory Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.