Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188921-cat-killer-gets-owned-today-nyc.html)

sommerfliesby 06-16-2008 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2591032)
let's review :evilb:

I'm am reviewing...in fact...I read and reread what I wrote. I went back and looked at every post I've made in this thread and NOWHERE did I say anything about one boat beating another...only the differences in the marketing technique of each brand. Quit trying to make this something it isn't...it's not helping your own personal marketable persona.

Magic Medicine 06-16-2008 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2590675)
My point is BUY A SKATER!

If everyone owned or bought a Skater wouldn't they be compared to the likes of Baja with so many boats produced. Just for the record, I am in no way sayings Skaters are like Baja, they are very unique thats what makes them cool! Congrats to "Maxed Out" and it crew and Reggie for continueing to honk people off.

stainless 06-16-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2591048)
I'm am reviewing...in fact...I read and reread what I wrote. I went back and looked at every post I've made in this thread and NOWHERE did I say anything about one boat beating another...only the differences in the marketing technique of each brand. Quit trying to make this something it isn't...it's not helping your own personal marketable persona.

post 92 vette vs ferrari simple dont muddy the waters

stainless 06-16-2008 07:57 AM

I was seriously curious about what you meant by the marketing statement. No joke.

Smarty 06-16-2008 09:38 AM

Question: Didn't Michael Fiore jump the start a few years ago in XXX inorder to be King of the Hudson? And didn't Vinny Rfice run him down and smoke him (in his 36' Skater then, and then Vinny Rfice smoked the fleet last year in his 40')? Why wasn't there an uproar about the Outerlimits boat's taking a headstart?

Answer to why all the Fountain hating - Either you like Reggie or hate Reggie, it seems that the Fountain haters are in force on OSO (and Michael Fiore seems like a pretty nice guy from what others have said - though I have never spoken with him; that is why there was not an uproar about him taking a large lead at the beginning of that particular NYC Poker Run). The CAT KILLER name offends way too many people!

And wasn't it only one year that a different brand boat (non-Skater) Extreme Exhibit (Nortech) was first to the bridge that it wasn't a Skater first to the Tappan Zee? The Skaters seem to rule this Poker Run with regard to King of the Hudson. Jet Set, Bad, now this year's winner. This is not a trend, but a domination by Skater.

Pete B 06-16-2008 11:16 AM

[/QUOTE]I don't care what happend between point A and point B, the first one to point B wins the trophy[QUOTE]

Was this a poker run or a race?? I thought you get a sealed envelope with a card in it. :rolleyes:

Panther 06-16-2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 2591124)
Question: Didn't Michael Fiore jump the start a few years ago in XXX inorder to be King of the Hudson? And didn't Vinny Rfice run him down and smoke him (in his 36' Skater then, and then Vinny Rfice smoked the fleet last year in his 40')? Why wasn't there an uproar about the Outerlimits boat's taking a headstart?

Answer to why all the Fountain hating - Either you like Reggie or hate Reggie, it seems that the Fountain haters are in force on OSO (and Michael Fiore seems like a pretty nice guy from what others have said - though I have never spoken with him; that is why there was not an uproar about him taking a large lead at the beginning of that particular NYC Poker Run). The CAT KILLER name offends many too!

And wasn't it only one year that a different brand boat (non-Skater) Extreme Exhibit (Nortech) was first to the bridge that it wasn't a Skater first to the Tappan Zee? The Skaters seem to rule this Poker Run with regard to King of the Hudson. Jet Set, Bad, now this year's winner. This is not a trend, but a domination by Skater.

There was a lot that was said that year and Vinny came back the following year, with JC Perf. power, to take the crown...

I really don't think it's about "Fountain hating" but it's more about saying the "Cat Killer" got owned on Saturday... OSO members didn't make up the Cat Killer name, Reggie did, so now he has to deal with the consequenses when he looses... :ernaehrung004::drink:

Panther 06-16-2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pete B (Post 2591179)
Was this a poker run or a race?? I thought you get a sealed envelope with a card in it. :rolleyes:

Yup, it's not a race....It's just kind of ironic when someone shows up with full blown race boat named Cat Killer. :rolleyes:

I ran 60 mph all day long, 135 mile round trip and a full tank of gas! :drink:

Pure Energy 06-16-2008 11:36 AM

I don't care what happend between point A and point B, the first one to point B wins the trophy

Ask Reggie. He's the one bringing a full blown race boat to a poker run to say he beat everybody! Too bad his boat couldn't stay together.

I wonder how much it cost him to look like an idiot????

Lucididee 06-16-2008 11:38 AM

I don't care what happend between point A and point B, the first one to point B wins the trophy

The NYC Poker Used to have an official King of the Hudson (for Cats) and a Queen of the Hudson (for Vees). So it was pretty much a drag race from the GW Bridge to the VZ Bridge. Some that do the run still run it as a drag, but it is no longer an official title. It's more for bragging rights now. But then again, this is not the 1st time Reggie has sent a fountain to a Poker Run to make it a race. :food-smiley-007: