Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188921-cat-killer-gets-owned-today-nyc.html)

Ratickle 06-16-2008 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 2591124)
Either you like Reggie or hate Reggie,

The CAT KILLER name offends many too!

Don't hate Reggie, just some of the stuff he does. Have a lot of respect for him for some things he has done though. 177 in a V takes some 'nads. Saying V's will be faster than Cats and naming your boat CK, then beating some cats in a poker run with no "First" to anywhere official test, then bragging officially as if it were, is just plain wrong. His boat design, testing, racing, etc. all deserve praise I think. His attitude toward some of the other designers and builders I think deserves no praise. Bringing a race boat and race team to a poker run with monster engines but not a speed test run is an obvious misrepresentation of capabilities at best. As Jason said, their Black Thunder beat all of the Fountains in their class at LOTO. Usually don't get involved in these, just eat the popcorn and watch.

Pete B 06-16-2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lucididee (Post 2591210)
I don't care what happend between point A and point B, the first one to point B wins the trophy

The NYC Poker Used to have an official King of the Hudson (for Cats) and a Queen of the Hudson (for Vees). So it was pretty much a drag race from the GW Bridge to the VZ Bridge. Some that do the run still run it as a drag, but it is no longer an official title. It's more for bragging rights now. But then again, this is not the 1st time Reggie has sent a fountain to a Poker Run to make it a race. :food-smiley-007:

I know just love the "its not a race" its a Poker run motto! So is Reggie queen of the Hudson ???

Ratickle 06-16-2008 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pete B (Post 2591239)
I know just love the "its not a race" its a Poker run motto! So is Reggie queen of the Hudson ???

That should get a response!:evilb::eek::evilb:

TexomaPowerboater 06-16-2008 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2590934)
Ron,

I am not sure the boat would come back in one piece...

The boat appears to be getting shaved quite a bit :

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...67310863-3.jpg

Help me out here. What am I looking at? Is this a repair or something that happend in a the race errrrr poker run.

BY U BOY 06-16-2008 12:17 PM

All this talk of a cat beating a beak is ludicrous!Everyone knows that Fountains are the fastest boats in the world and if they had wings they would fly:evilb::evilb:

BY U BOY 06-16-2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2591266)
Help me out here. What am I looking at? Is this a repair or something that happend in a the race errrrr poker run.

there was a malfunction with the hyper drive and the boat started to fall apart when it could not reach warp speed. capt'n Kirk has Scotty working on the problem as we speak and Spok is trying to give JC the vulcan reach around:drink::grinser010:

Lucididee 06-16-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pete B (Post 2591239)

I like to think of him as the Court Jester :D

DollaBill 06-16-2008 12:32 PM

Allen4 is still a putz!!!!!!!!

I missed all the fun :)

baddogz28 06-16-2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2591280)
there was a malfunction with the hyper drive and the boat started to fall apart when it could not reach warp speed. capt'n Kirk has Scotty working on the problem as we speak and Spok is trying to give JC the vulcan reach around:drink::grinser010:

Hahaha, I'm surprised noone mentioned a faulty flux capacitor...

Let's get Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox on the line and see if they can furnish a replacement.

:p

StraightJacket 06-16-2008 12:35 PM

I'm glad that our poker run is just That a POKER run, We don't care who gets to the first card stop first. just as long as every one has a good time and is safe. Lets face it we have had 4-8 footers the past 2 years and not some flat river. We all like to go fast, that is obvious or we would be on Blow boat .com , There are varied makes and models that everyone buys for different reasons, give props to those who deserves it . To run any boat at those speeds is pure talent , balls and money. Whether it be a Cat or Vee. I say congrats to both.