Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC >

Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Notices

Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shhhhhh we dont ay west coast in these parts....

two very dirty words.....
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
shhhhhh we dont ay west coast in these parts....

two very dirty words.....
That explains alot
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ron barrette
yes 1995 40 skater. i am the owner ron barrette
thanks to jc performance with my new 1150's i was
able to win the nyc poker run!!!!!
the first 7 miles the cat killer led by a 1/4 mile after getting
on his transom he tried to run us into a spectator fleet.
we pulled back regrouped and ran up on his transom again
and then he did the same thing except this time there were
jet skiers coming head on. we narrowly escaped serious
injury. we then passed him , as we did he went down for
what reason we do not know. it was a good drag race
but maxed out prevailed. anyone need information on
maxed out contact [email protected] we will send pics
videos and statements.

ron barrette
chuck bick

Thank you for posting the true story, "straight from the horses mouth".

It's refreshing to hear a first hand account. Not a "I was there..." "This is what I think...." blah, blah, blah.

Thanks for the input.

And by the way, the cat killer boys sound like they need to attend a saftey / curtious boaters course!

Last edited by thisistank; 06-18-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
you seem like a nice guy thats just getting pushed around a little... to bash some of us cause we are a little more thrifty on the keys than you, i say..

put em up boy...

you seem like your overly sensitive......
Well I mmean I feel like the guy is running a scouting report on me so come on. And I feel like some of the other people are a little sensitive. You just dont get the tone of voice when writing. Im cool.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh i get it..... im not the king for nothing... the pulse of my people is felt throughout my kingdom....

your doing fine, judt dont let dee get to you... shes from jersey, and you know how those jersey people are...

carry on soilder.. hold strong.....
Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Stiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll talking about that Reggie Fountain.......!!!

He's lovin' it.......!!

guess if no OL or Cig can even come close to makin' a race out of the vee top speed mark might as well go mix it up with some cats with a little "Cat Killer" smack talkin' thrown in........it'll still spank 80% of them........sorry.....TRUTH!!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tnothin
AHHHHH forget it! I dont have the energy to get into a pissing match with someone. So I will just recant what I said. But to sum it up in a nicer way...are you like Mike Fs PR man and private investigator. Are you president of the OL fan club??
First of all lets establish that i think your a jackazz.You were not at the poker run and you dont know Lucididee personally.You talk out your azz on here and you should get a life.I have been apart of a Fountain race team and now i am involved with Outerlimits.I call it as i see it.Not do i have to explain to a "Beenshooter" like yourself.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gusman
Opinions are everywhere,

FACT IS FACT.

The parts, the setup and the power are COBRAS!

Ron is just thanking JC because they did the job on the cheap. Randy did not want to finance another one of Ron's jobs.

Call it what you like. If Ron does not want to thank Randy for all the help and sponsorship( poker run entrance fees, parts, etc) COBRA provided, that is DEAD wrong!

I think JC is a straight shooter and he will give RANDY the credit he rightfully deserves.

FACTS not opinions,
I have respect for Randy and dont look to bash.The motors in Maxed out started out as Cobra 1200s.Ron and Chucky ran good with them and had some problems.They brought me the engines and i made both engines the same.I changed the combination to what i build and know that runs.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gusman
Let's be honest and for once give credit where it is properly due. These engines are COBRAS not JC. This setup is Randy's. Just freshening up and detuning an engine does not constitute putting your name on them.

MAXED OUT has ran great in all their Poker Runs with the COBRA ENGINES. The NY run just seems to be getting the most attention.

Ask Ron Barrette himself about his engines even befor JC touched them.
I have only one question for you, and please answer this honestly, Do you have a vested interest in Cobra and are you partners with Randy? Do you feel you need to be on the defensive that due to location the boyz from Maxed out stayed local? No one on this thread has taken anything away from Randy. If you read the entire thread, you would see how progress on the motors have gone.

I persoanlly know JC and Zul. I have been at Zul's plenty of times when motors have been Dyno'd including those that have been built by Cobra. Unfortunately, due to the crap gas we have today, motors that claim to be 1200HP on 93 octane are not feasible by their standards, adjustments need to be made to make the motors last. I would never take anything away from Randy. He builds great motors. But it was time to freshen the motors for Maxed Out, Ronnie chose to stay local instead of sending them south. I don't really understand what your point is. JC never claimed that they where his motors nor combination. He has givien Randy the credit where it is due.

I sorry if I come off defensive, that is because I am. I just hate seeing someone bashed when they have only been honest.

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-19-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ron barrette
thanks for all the nice things you have been saying for us ,i owe you a dinner,and for your honey j.c. keep up the good work,i love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron barrette

p.s . i will be in touch soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Darlin',

I need to get in touch with you or Chucky. I got pictures I wanna give ya. I'll be on the Island soon, so let's get together for lunch or dinner the next time I'm out there.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.