Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189001-speedboat-flips-barnegat-bay.html)

jmbtile 06-19-2008 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZE (Post 2594296)
4 Greg
Mount Laurel, NJ Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#1 Monday Jun 16
My family and I were coming home from the BI buoy in Barnegat Bay yesterday afternoon and my son turned around and saw a boat with half the stern under water. I had the whole family in the boat and didnt want to turn around and there were other boats in the area helping out. I check it out with my binoculars and it went completely under and sunk. Just wondering if anyone heard anything about this and if there were any injuries? I had heard that it was a ciggarette boat and it flipped, but that's just word of mouth.
Mary
Roseland, NJ Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#2 Monday Jun 16
Greg wrote:

There were only minor injuries. There was a wonderful family that got to the scene immediately and apparently took the family to the municipal pier where they were met by emergency technicians and the Barnegat and state police. The family was taken to the hospital just to be certain everyone was OK.
Greg
Mount Laurel, NJ Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#3 Monday
Hey, thanks. I appreciate it. I was nervous that there were more severe injuries. Do you know how it happened? Was it a ciggarette boat?
Mary
Roseland, NJ Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#4 Tuesday
The guy took a sharp right, then attempted a sharp left and went over his own wake. Yes, it was a cigarette boat. Found out that the wife did have a fractured right leg I believe.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fork...J7TCA9JA5BTLPM

I am the wife and no I do not have a fractured leg. We never took a sharp right then left, I should know, I was on it. Where you? I think not. Please, if you want to put crap on this website, why dont you make sure it is correct. By the end of the week, Ill probably be dead and burried from this talk. Irene

VetteLT193 06-19-2008 10:33 AM

I'm glad you are all ok. Mechanical issue? that is the scariest thing that can happen. Take care of your family and don't worry about the speculators here.

jmbtile 06-19-2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jmbtile (Post 2594980)
I am the wife and no I do not have a fractured leg. We never took a sharp right then left, I should know, I was on it. Where you? I think not. Please, if you want to put crap on this website, why dont you make sure it is correct. By the end of the week, Ill probably be dead and burried from this talk. Irene

I do want to thank the family though who did come to help. I also appreciate the people who were concerned about my family and I because it was very traumatic. Thanks to all who came to our rescue. Irene

T2x 06-19-2008 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jmbtile (Post 2594987)
I do want to thank the family though who did come to help. I also appreciate the people who were concerned about my family and I because it was very traumatic. Thanks to all who came to our rescue. Irene

Okay you were not doing figure 8's...and the operator was experienced. What then happened? Some of us would like to avoid the same circumstances and surely you would like to help others avoid what you went through?

T2x

Xchoke03 06-19-2008 10:41 AM

Thank god you are all ok. There is nothing worse then having to defend yourself from a bunch of people making accusations with no clue of the truth.

Accidents happen, it is not always negligance. Again it is great to know for sure your family is ok.

Ratickle 06-19-2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by jmbtile (Post 2594973)
To all who are inquiring about the accident by Manahawkin Inlet. If you were not there I would appreciate the false accusations to stop. I was there and I was ejected from the boat and it was a very traumatic experience. My husband has driven a boat for over 25 years and is the most responsible person i know when it comes to boating. Whoever is giving you information is so unbelievably wrong its not funny. He doesnt even have the make, color or length correct. We were not doing crazy eights and were definetely not out of control prior to this. My children were on board and I would never allow that to happen on anyones boat never mind my own. We are all OK, thank god, just alot of aches and pains. Irene

Very glad to hear all are okay. I have had three friends pitched over, two from broken steering, one from temporary insanity. Take care of everyone and remember not to get too upset at the gossipers if possible.

tgersx 06-19-2008 01:24 PM

i'm glad everyone is ok... i spent a few days with joe down at cobra putting his engines in, he's straight up guy i can't see him driving out of control especially with family on board... glad everyone is ok

Fast Shafts 06-19-2008 01:29 PM

JM,
Which part of my post has "bad information"?? What part of my post is gossip??
I reported what was told to me by witnesses-the people that rescued you! Your rescuers did tell me everyone appeared OK-maybe I should have included that in my post.
Believe it or not, I'm glad no one was hurt!!

Jupiter Sunsation 06-19-2008 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan (Post 2595211)
JM,
Which part of my post has "bad information"?? What part of my post is gossip??
I reported what was told to me by witnesses-the people that rescued you! Your rescuers did tell me everyone appeared OK-maybe I should have included that in my post.
Believe it or not, I'm glad no one was hurt!!

Classic case of shooting the messenger!

If I was tossed out of a brand new 500K boat I wouldn't give a rat's azz who was telling the story but I would be pizzed off at the manufacturer/mechanic if it was a mechanical failure vs. operator error.

berns29scarab 06-19-2008 05:02 PM

i was on the bay sunday in a 39 outerlimits. water was average. how did this accident happen ? since those that are involved (jmbtile) are present could you please let us know what happened. i spend alot of time in both a 38 TS Gun and a 39 Unlimited, and would like to know if there is an issue with the boats or something mechanically wrong with yours specifically or was it just an accident...again glad all are OK and a horrible day im sure it was