Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay >

Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay

Notices

Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay

Old 06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

from what im reading the people that pulled the crew of the boat in question from the water are the people that saw what happened and told Robert Geoghegan what they saw and he simply repeated what he was informed
Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i've known Robert for sometime and he IS NOT one of those that fabricates things...im sure if my boss told me what HE SAW i would take his word for it as well
Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
JM,
Which part of my post has "bad information"?? What part of my post is gossip??
I reported what was told to me by witnesses-the people that rescued you! Your rescuers did tell me everyone appeared OK-maybe I should have included that in my post.
Believe it or not, I'm glad no one was hurt!!
Robert is was not you who I was referring to it was the person who claims they saw us doing crazy eights and donuts because that is so far from the truth and its upsetting to see that written after dealing with what we just went through. We had 2 older adults and three children on board, my husband would never be stupid enough to jeapordize our lives and act like that out on the water. Thank you for your concern though. Sorry if you misread my intentions or if I replied in the wrong spot. I never wrote anything on this before.
Irene
Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Irene,
With all sincerety I am very very happy your family is safe and sound. When you feel up to it could you please give us an idea how this accident took place. I speant years on the bay in a Cafe Racer and now in my new boat if you could share any info that may save any of us from the same fate it would be greatly appreciated. Was it mechanical ?? Was it just an accident ?? I have heard that the step bottom V's could be wicked if you are ot completely used to them.
Please understand this is not to point fingers but simply looking to learn from an experience of a fellow boater (unfortunately for you a horrible experience) in hopes to avoid any similar situation.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Patrick
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered

glad to hear everybody is ok
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

JM,
In hind site, I probably should not have repeated someone else's interpretation of the driving style. I apologize.
The purpose of the post was to find out 1) Was it an "offshore" style boat (my boss thinks anything fast on the water is a Cigarette) and 2) Did I know the owner? 3) What happened.
There has been almost 3,000 views of this post-so it appears others also have an interest in what happened.
I also failed to tell everyone that all the kids were wearing PFD's. Again, I'm glad no one was seriously hurt!
Bob

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 06-20-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Boy, reading this thread is very upsetting to me. As part of the OSO family, I read and was very interested in watching this boat complete it's transformation. The owner had invested alot of time and money in a dream project that any one of us would have been proud to do. And, he shared that with us with photos and comments. The finished project was incredible. And, now to see what has transpired..... I feel very badly for the family. I am glad that all are ok, but feel awful for their misfortune. I just don't know what to say..........
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Boy, reading this thread is very upsetting to me. As part of the OSO family, I read and was very interested in watching this boat complete it's transformation. The owner had invested alot of time and money in a dream project that any one of us would have been proud to do. And, he shared that with us with photos and comments. The finished project was incredible. And, now to see what has transpired..... I feel very badly for the family. I am glad that all are ok, but feel awful for their misfortune. I just don't know what to say..........

i agree, if ya need anything please let us know.... im alwasy around and if you need help with the boat in any way, ill be glad to help and im sure my crew feels the same way.

dave stecz
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 AM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Glad all are o.k.!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pm203
You have no idea how much this means to my family and I. As much as im afraid of boats at this time it is wonderful to see how many people within this forum are so caring. Im sorry if I insulted anyone, its just hard to read alot of that. Believe me if we can figure out what happend you all will be the first to know. I would never want anyone to experience such a traumatizing event like we did. That boat was my husbands wife, he loved it probably more than me, he would never do anything to jeapordize destroying it or his entire family. He put so much work and care into it, it actually was annoying, but it made him happy and he deserves that. Once the insurance adjusters are done with it maybe we will have more answers. Thank you all again. Be safe. Have a great weekend. Irene

Quick Reply: Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.