Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How sound is Reggie financially? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189132-how-sound-reggie-financially.html)

fund razor 06-27-2008 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2597213)
Some were very wealthy, some were flat broke. Some pretended to be one or the other, including a very wealthy friend who lives so modestly you'd swear he was a WalMart employee.

The millionaire next door. No doubt. Many people with serious wealth have little trappings. They tend to have income producing assets rather than money pit hobbies. That old dude in the boring car with a Timex might just own a thousand apartment units. The guy with the gold chains and the airplane and.... oh.
Nevermind.

offshore2 06-28-2008 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by BBB725 (Post 2593648)
Didn't Brunswick buy Fountain? Or get shares of FPB for payment of product?

I heard, a few years ago that Fountain was so deep into Mercury for product, that Brunswick assumed them.

pokerrunboats 07-03-2008 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 2593698)
Overseas sales are key to survival right now it seems. That leaves Nor-Tech, Cig, etc. on better footing than some others. Anyone know what percentage of Fountains head across the border or ocean? I agree with focusing on P1 for overseas exposure and dropping the silly Cat Killer antics. Focus on customer service and price here in the States.

There are less than 10 new Fountains (except a few raceboats) that went to Europe in the last twelve month

They only have a few selected dealers - none of them has more than one or two boats in stock

look at

http://www.fountainworldwide.com/DealerLocations.aspx

The CEO spends more time in racing P 1 than in selling boats

The main reason is :

Warranty issues are handled slow and bad , so the dealers do not like to take the risk

There was a Fountain confiscated at the Finish Boat Show, it had a faked CE Certification - from factory

CE Certifications are not cheap for High Performance Boats - maybe too expensiv for some builders - each boat model needs its own Certification and if you only sell one or two boats of the same modell to Europe- it might eat too much from the profit

You are right - overseas sales will be the key to survive , but some people can`t find the hole

Ratickle 07-03-2008 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 2596328)
What does a respected level mean? doesn't that entirely depend on ones perspective, it seems to me for instance that some people admire my 1991 29' off-brand boat, but I guess their knowledge of respectable boats is limited.

I fail to see how the size or cost of a boat earns respect.

The most surprising thing to me, is the difference in the way we are treated by some when in the Empress vs the BT or Scorpion. I consider it the John Holmes effect.:D

TEAMBAJA 08-06-2008 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats (Post 2611477)

from the profit

Ya think? :drink:

DollaBill 08-06-2008 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats (Post 2611477)
There are less than 10 new Fountains (except a few raceboats) that went to Europe in the last twelve month

They only have a few selected dealers - none of them has more than one or two boats in stock

look at

http://www.fountainworldwide.com/DealerLocations.aspx

The main reason is :

Warranty issues are handled slow and bad , so the dealers do not like to take the risk

There was a Fountain confiscated at the Finish Boat Show, it had a faked CE Certification - from factory

CE Certifications are not cheap for High Performance Boats - maybe too expensiv for some builders - each boat model needs its own Certification and if you only sell one or two boats of the same modell to Europe- it might eat too much from the profit

You are right - overseas sales will be the key to survive , but some people can`t find the hole

I disagree on the warranty issue. If you are a good dealer and have a good relationship with the right people at the factory then you should'nt have a problem. I was a dealer for several years and had no trouble - at least no more trouble than any other brand-name mfg

Tristar Racing 08-06-2008 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2646418)
I disagree on the warranty issue. If you are a good dealer and have a good relationship with the right people at the factory then you should'nt have a problem. I was a dealer for several years and had no trouble - at least no more trouble than any other brand-name mfg

I think he is referring to International warranty claims...

DollaBill 08-07-2008 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing (Post 2647034)
I think he is referring to International warranty claims...

There should'nt be any diff. The claims are submitted via email/Fax/Phone ( all of which are the same speed whether it's Palm Beach or Tokyo). They are approved or denied the same way. In most cases the repairs are done by the dealer and like all other mfg's you wait 3-6 months to be reimbursed.

Tristar Racing 08-07-2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2647269)
There should'nt be any diff. The claims are submitted via email/Fax/Phone ( all of which are the same speed whether it's Palm Beach or Tokyo). They are approved or denied the same way. In most cases the repairs are done by the dealer and like all other mfg's you wait 3-6 months to be reimbursed.

It shouldnt be different, your right. But do you know for a fact it isnt? The only way to find out is talk to a international dealer.

Im not debating, but its just as easy to say it is a problem as it is to say it isnt...