Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cat Killer Locked OUT What's  Up With That >

Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Notices

Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably a stupid question.... why would'nt they have sweeps boats like at a race at least to warn people who might be crossing the hudson with no knowledge of the run.... i saw another video of a nyc poker run and the guys were flying by some fish boat and i believe a sailboat too...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
probably a stupid question.... why would'nt they have sweeps boats like at a race at least to warn people who might be crossing the hudson with no knowledge of the run.... i saw another video of a nyc poker run and the guys were flying by some fish boat and i believe a sailboat too...
With all the different Poker Runs I've done, I don't ever recall seeing official sweep boats. A race course, which for the most part, is a contained oval, which is easier to manage with sweep boats. It would be pretty hard to have a fleet of sweep boats for a poker run that could by 20+ miles one way and back. When spectating a Poker Run, ya just need to use common sense. Ya have to go on good faith and rely on the spectator to regulate themselves to be at a safe distance.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Desert Storm has sweep boats AND sweep helo's
Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
With all the different Poker Runs I've done, I don't ever recall seeing official sweep boats. A race course, which for the most part, is a contained oval, which is easier to manage with sweep boats. It would be pretty hard to have a fleet of sweep boats for a poker run that could by 20+ miles one way and back. When spectating a Poker Run, ya just need to use common sense. Ya have to go on good faith and rely on the spectator to regulate themselves to be at a safe distance.

Dee, do ya ever feel like nomatter what you say, or how much common sense you're preachin, there's still a handful of people that just don't get it ???
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered

it just seems like it would be an easy fix to what is potentially a dangerous situation
Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Desert Storm has sweep boats AND sweep helo's
More power to them. That's great that they can actually get boats to sweep instead of being in the run.

Just an FYI. All the runs I have been in had pace boats and sweep boats for the beginning of the runs (or restarts at the card stops). But I don't recall seeing boats sweeping/patrolling during the run itself. Remember it's only permitted to have the event, not a closed course.

Originally Posted by 10x
Dee, do ya ever feel like nomatter what you say, or how much common sense you're preachin, there's still a handful of people that just don't get it ???
Yup!

Originally Posted by 007joe
it just seems like it would be an easy fix to what is potentially a dangerous situation
Why does there need to be a fix? Instead of looking for a fix and complaining, people just need to be alot more responsible and maybe do there research as to where a good and safe place to watch a run would be.

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-27-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

i'm not complaining or saying there has to be a fix just asked a question..... sorry
Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Danger??????Whats more dangerous Staten Island ferry or Performance boat
thats a good one
Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered

Looked like the Kitty Killer was out in front to me....Did I hear something about Twin Turbos being built and tested?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Looked like the Kitty Killer was out in front to me....Did I hear something about Twin Turbos being built and tested?
A twin turbo Fountain?

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.