Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189409-any-body-see-little-blue-sting-ray-friday.html)

Revd Up 07-02-2008 11:43 PM

My bet is,TD, has his engine out bumping it up and is frantically trying to get it back together before the 4th. This man has pride and will make that POS run 100 just to prove everyone wrong.

Bsmith1141 07-03-2008 12:07 AM

That is funniest damn thing i have read on oso all year :evilb:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2611025)
The Jersey Redneck Piney Press

Toms River NJ – July 2nd 2008: Rich “KING OF THE PINEYS” Cole, also known as Triple Digits to anyone south of Parkway Exit 82 “aka Double Digits to anyone north of Exit 82,” was challenged by several members of that mean spirited internet board offshoreonly.com also known as ‘OSO” this week to run 100mph or better.

Our in the forest reporter, Jimmy “No fork in my family pine tree” Smith caught up to the Piney Legend a little while ago in his garage working the fastest 22 Stingray in the world.

Jimmy Smith: “Rich, what’s all the hoopla about these days about you and your 22’ backwoods waterborn rocketship?”

Double Digits: “Well………….uhhhhhhhhhhhh I knew they were gonna be startin some stuff wit me.”

Jimmy Smith: “Well, like what?’

Double Digits: “I’m a real big street racer and I’m the first guy on Barnegat Bay to race people for money and win over $50,000 a year with my championship 22’ Stingray.”

Jimmy Smith: “That’s funny, we’ve never heard of racing for money on Barnegat Bay?’

Double Digits: “Well I figure that if I pull along side some of these bigger boats and race’um and I beat’um, they owe me some money!’ I just haven’t figured out a way to collect it yet?”

Jimmy Smith: “Wow that’s pretty amazing! How do you plan on collecting the money?”

Double Digits: “uhhhhh I ain’t to sure about that – still tryin to figure that out?”

Jimmy Smith: “ we heard that you ran only 87.1mph last weekend when your boat is named Triple Digits for the speed that it does. Whats up with that?’

Double Digits: “Well first off, it was kinda muggy that morning, and my dog had a case of the ass so I didn’t have enough time to lay bags of ice on the intake to cool down the air. Plus we used most of the ice the night before to keep the Old Milwawkee cold when I had my boys over the shop. It was also pretty flat with only chop high enough to slap my buddy Junior in the ankles.”

Jimmy Smith: “Wow, sounds like a tough break?”

Double Digits: “It wasn’t too bad, I wouldn’t have even done 87.1mph if I hadn’t taken a monster size dump 1hr before the run.”

Jimmy Smith: “From what I’ve read online as of today, some folks have raised $5500 to put on the line for you to do 100.1mph or better this weekend? Sounds like taking candy from a baby with this monster machine you got right here?’

Double Digits: “Well Jimmy, I’ve been hittin the laxitives pretty hard to bring the total weight of the boat down. I also was reading a book called “pukin n poopin – how toi break a 100mph in a 22’ ****box.” No pun intended on the name of the book.”

Jimmy Smith: “Well that sounds impressive but don’t you think you need a little more than that?”

Double Digits: “Yeah………I think if I also get some wind to my back and hit the outgoing current right I could probably pick up some speed.” Also, if there are any downhill parts of the bay, that’s good for a mph or two.”

Jimmy Smith: “I still think you may need a little more than that?”

Double Digits: “yeah…..but don’t tell oneone but I’m gonna disappear until all this blows over cause I ain’t got $5500 to put up so as the old sayin goes – if ya can’t put up – shut up!”

Jimmy Smith: “But a world champion street racer like yourself? Running and hiding like that in some hole?”

Double Digits: “aint all that bad, I still got some old milwakee left and I stashed a box of twinkees in the hole I’m gonna hide in.”

Jimmy Smith: “ Well Rich, thanks for your time and we hope you find a downhill on the bay larger than the Batman roller coaster at Six Flags this weekend if you do decide to go out and take a shot at the $5500.”

Young Performance 07-03-2008 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Revd Up (Post 2611446)
My bet is,TD, has his engine out bumping it up and is frantically trying to get it back together before the 4th. This man has pride and will make that POS run 100 just to prove everyone wrong.

I'd be willing to bet you are right. He has too much pride to just walk away from this. It may be the best thing that ever happened to him. Now he has to step up his game. He may end up with a 100 mph boat before it's over.

By the way Dave, I think a little bit of pee came out I laughed so hard. Just a little....

thunderusone 07-03-2008 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2611460)
By the way Dave, I think a little bit of pee came out I laughed so hard. Just a little....

What were you doing with pee in your mouth?

HaxbySpeed 07-03-2008 01:17 AM

I heard Blue242 was hopping it up for him! First triple digits next stop the sound barrier :evilb:

cuda 07-03-2008 01:36 AM

Never happen.

Ratickle 07-03-2008 05:50 AM

I don't think anyone made the stipulation he had to be on pump gas, so if he really had nitrous on it before, that should be all the bump he would need? He has been strangely quiet for him.:confused:

DaveP 07-03-2008 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2611460)

Thank you very much! :cool-smiley-026:

AIR TIME 07-03-2008 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood (Post 2611060)
Just a quick 2 cents here. TD Rich seems to be trying to avoid this thread before it gets really ugly like some previous threads have. I'm not a fan boy but he did show up and ran his boat. No he didn't hit 100 but he proved that he is a real person and, according to some, a nice guy when you actually meet him. Some folks seem to be bent on egging him on untill he can't take it any more and explodes. Give this guy a break and give everyone a break and let this thread and the one on Hot Boat die. This is not entertaining and only detracts from this and other forums. Again, JMO.

don't read it then, HE IS THE ONE THAT SAID HE COULD BREAK A 100, so 87 is punk, nuthing,chit, zero, and he started it:D

AIR TIME 07-03-2008 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2611025)
The Jersey Redneck Piney Press

Toms River NJ – July 2nd 2008: Rich “KING OF THE PINEYS” Cole, also known as Triple Digits to anyone south of Parkway Exit 82 “aka Double Digits to anyone north of Exit 82,” was challenged by several members of that mean spirited internet board offshoreonly.com also known as ‘OSO” this week to run 100mph or better.

Our in the forest reporter, Jimmy “No fork in my family pine tree” Smith caught up to the Piney Legend a little while ago in his garage working the fastest 22 Stingray in the world.

Jimmy Smith: “Rich, what’s all the hoopla about these days about you and your 22’ backwoods waterborn rocketship?”

Double Digits: “Well………….uhhhhhhhhhhhh I knew they were gonna be startin some stuff wit me.”

Jimmy Smith: “Well, like what?’

Double Digits: “I’m a real big street racer and I’m the first guy on Barnegat Bay to race people for money and win over $50,000 a year with my championship 22’ Stingray.”

Jimmy Smith: “That’s funny, we’ve never heard of racing for money on Barnegat Bay?’

Double Digits: “Well I figure that if I pull along side some of these bigger boats and race’um and I beat’um, they owe me some money!’ I just haven’t figured out a way to collect it yet?”

Jimmy Smith: “Wow that’s pretty amazing! How do you plan on collecting the money?”

Double Digits: “uhhhhh I ain’t to sure about that – still tryin to figure that out?”

Jimmy Smith: “ we heard that you ran only 87.1mph last weekend when your boat is named Triple Digits for the speed that it does. Whats up with that?’

Double Digits: “Well first off, it was kinda muggy that morning, and my dog had a case of the ass so I didn’t have enough time to lay bags of ice on the intake to cool down the air. Plus we used most of the ice the night before to keep the Old Milwawkee cold when I had my boys over the shop. It was also pretty flat with only chop high enough to slap my buddy Junior in the ankles.”

Jimmy Smith: “Wow, sounds like a tough break?”

Double Digits: “It wasn’t too bad, I wouldn’t have even done 87.1mph if I hadn’t taken a monster size dump 1hr before the run.”

Jimmy Smith: “From what I’ve read online as of today, some folks have raised $5500 to put on the line for you to do 100.1mph or better this weekend? Sounds like taking candy from a baby with this monster machine you got right here?’

Double Digits: “Well Jimmy, I’ve been hittin the laxitives pretty hard to bring the total weight of the boat down. I also was reading a book called “pukin n poopin – how toi break a 100mph in a 22’ ****box.” No pun intended on the name of the book.”

Jimmy Smith: “Well that sounds impressive but don’t you think you need a little more than that?”

Double Digits: “Yeah………I think if I also get some wind to my back and hit the outgoing current right I could probably pick up some speed.” Also, if there are any downhill parts of the bay, that’s good for a mph or two.”

Jimmy Smith: “I still think you may need a little more than that?”

Double Digits: “yeah…..but don’t tell oneone but I’m gonna disappear until all this blows over cause I ain’t got $5500 to put up so as the old sayin goes – if ya can’t put up – shut up!”

Jimmy Smith: “But a world champion street racer like yourself? Running and hiding like that in some hole?”

Double Digits: “aint all that bad, I still got some old milwakee left and I stashed a box of twinkees in the hole I’m gonna hide in.”

Jimmy Smith: “ Well Rich, thanks for your time and we hope you find a downhill on the bay larger than the Batman roller coaster at Six Flags this weekend if you do decide to go out and take a shot at the $5500.”

good stuff:p:p:p