Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
I can't help you on that one. But, I am glad that you share your life experiences with us and use them to rationalize this thread........
I don't usually do this, but just this once, I'll let you peek behind the curtain...

The "cousin" story is a metaphor. In that metaphor, your pal is the guy getting laid (metaphorical for the "going fast in the boat") the cousin is the little buzz-boat. It's supposed to illustrate the rather unfulfilling experience of doing something that on paper might be really great but in fact, is exceedingly lame.

No, I won't tell you what the big words mean. You have to do some of the work for yourself.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Chris,sounds like you got this cousin thing all planned out,Smitty
Unfortunately, all my female cousins had higher standards.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I don't usually do this, but just this once, I'll let you peek behind the curtain...

The "cousin" story is a metaphor. In that metaphor, your pal is the guy getting laid (metaphorical for the "going fast in the boat") the cousin is the little buzz-boat. It's supposed to illustrate the rather unfulfilling experience of doing something that on paper might be really great but in fact, is exceedingly lame.

No, I won't tell you what the big words mean. You have to do some of the work for yourself.

Thanks for the English 101!!! Non of my professors ever used the "cousin" metaphor.......

Never said that he was my pal either.......... But I did go to meet him and check out his boat project........
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
I have been looking at this the wrong way. I need TD to help me. I want to figure out how to make a 1986 25' Sea Ray Sundancer with an sbc and alpha go faster than 32. Perhaps 80. But with a single small block and pump gas. Imagine the looks on people's faces when I cruise up with all that canvas and everything, people standing around on the aft deck, and sitting in those big white deck chairs. No exhaust sound whatsoever. Pure Stealth.
Then I nail it and we are off. 30, then 40, Surprise. 50, you are pushing hard on the sticks, but there I am, right there on your port grinning at you. 60, you can't believe your eyes. 70, and that whole big cow is out of the water and on top of the chop. 80 our faces are flapping in the wind, fenders blown back straight. Now THAT would be a sleeper. Sleeps about 5 I think. I think I will have glassdave put a hot paintjob on it though, and put it on a Myco.

Help me out TD.
That is absolute classic Fund.

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
absolutely, positively the BEST post of this entire sick thread.... I am dying in laughter.......
I thought the same thing.

Originally Posted by DollaBill
This is by far my favorite thread of the year. I don't remember another (thread) that showcases the level of "wiseassery" that OSO has to offer better than this.
Yep, threads like this are the reason I keep coming back to this place everyday.

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Hopefully it can be a fresh start and hopefully he will hit the numbers he had posted. That alone would win a few members over anyway...
Which numbers???

Originally Posted by bluellama
100.01 MPH
100% agree.
That's the number.

And I'm still trying to figure out the allure of this thread. Some tool says he can go fast in a little zoomie boat. So f ucking what?

Kinda like boning your second cousin, isn't it? I mean, she's an easy lay because she's kinda plump and a dog, but she knows you won't go telling it around and she wants to get boned. So she's gonna' give it up. But in the end, you still porked your cousin.

Or am I missing something?
Right up there with Fund's post.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

The democrats stole my W.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Kinda like boning your second cousin, isn't it? I mean, she's an easy lay because she's kinda plump and a dog, but she knows you won't go telling it around and she wants to get boned. So she's gonna' give it up. But in the end, you still porked your cousin.

Ross Perot called. He wants this metaphor back.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

I might as well ask,

Would this forum like to see the pics of the Sting Ray ?

I am looking into doing a photo shoot of the boat.

Inside and out as well as when it makes its hi-speed pass.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I might as well ask,

Would this forum like to see the pics of the Sting Ray ?

I am looking into doing a photo shoot of the boat.

Inside and out as well as when it makes its hi-speed pass.
There ya go, it may take more than a chopper to keep up with him though
Old 06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Funny you should mention that,the first thing I thought of when I read Chris Sunkins post was the crazy aunt in the basement thing with Ross Perot that got all twisted around and misunderstood ,Smitty

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.