Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vnemous
You know me from S&F I took vid and it was not sped up. Dont get caught up with the others proof is on the way.
not getting caught up, just stating that it looked a little fast to me, I am waiting the proof like the others, not saying it couldnt be done, just cant believe that it survives for any period of time at those speeds.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah

I know. I wouldnt believe it either but I have been out in it 4 times and am amazed how it goes. We are hooking up with Frank Civitano at Typhoon Marine which is just around the block from me. Just waiting for a call from him to Rich. Maybe I'll stop there on my way home. Its coming.
If you calculate the numbers 1.50 ratio at 6100 rpm 28p prop 4% slip its 104mph and thats about right. Hey this isnt my boat Im talking about but Im sure Rich is busy building something. Hows that 225 EFI going. Gonna fire mine next week I hope. Mike

PS and your right the speed isnt the thing. The thing is its an alpha drive. Hell I didn't buy a Baja because it had a big block with an alpha.

Last edited by vnemous; 06-23-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Who's collecting money for the bets? Anyone who has seen this boat on Barnegat knows its fast. I'll bet on TD!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
I'll bet on TD!
I'll bet too, bet he dies in that lil' sled if he doesn't take heed of it's limits. When you are in a boat you are only 50% in control, mother nature and the sea also have something to say about things. This guys Napolean complex is going to get him killed, mark my words.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

If you calculate the numbers 1.50 ratio at 6100 rpm 28p prop 4% slip its 104mph and thats about right. Hey this isnt my boat Im talking about but Im sure Rich is busy building something. Hows that 225 EFI going. Gonna fire mine next week I hope. Mike

PS and your right the speed isnt the thing. The thing is its an alpha drive. Hell I didn't buy a Baja because it had a big block with an alpha.
-No dog in this fight, enjoying the banter but....4% prop slip is impossible to obtain. I'm sure you've got a fast 22 Sting ray but the hydrodynamics of the Alpha drive and hull combination just don't allow.

There's a guy here on my lake with a 22 Sting Ray with a blown 383 that runs 80 and it's a handful to say the least!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this right, a few of you are willing to take bets that a 1989 Stingray 22' with alpha and small block that it will run 100mph or more, only 4% slip (is that possible).

I guess it is put up or shut up time!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Video appears to be sped up, look how fast the spray dissipates

http://media.putfile.com/TD-Poker-Run
Damn. Where's Zapruder when you need him?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
-No dog in this fight, enjoying the banter but....4% prop slip is impossible to obtain. I'm sure you've got a fast 22 Sting ray but the hydrodynamics of the Alpha drive and hull combination just don't allow.

There's a guy here on my lake with a 22 Sting Ray with a blown 383 that runs 80 and it's a handful to say the least!
At 100 in a 22 Stingray I don't think Hydrodynamics matter much. It's probably all aerodynamics.

I don't think 100 is possible in that combo either. But if it even comes close, (95 or above), I'll be real impressed.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I live in TR. Let me know when this happens becuase I would like to see this. I am not saying the boat may not be fast, never seen it to the best of my knowledge, but 104, no way! I do remember a few years ago some idgit in a blue Stinkray trying to run my less than 100 mph 24 Pantera in the Metedeconk and I spanked him. Maybe it was this guy while he was still in developmental stages
Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you calculate the numbers 1.50 ratio at 6100 rpm 28p prop 4% slip its 104mph and thats about right.
7% slip would be 100mph with the same RPM and pitch. If the prop had been lab'd, and the pitch was closer to 29, you would be looking at about 9% to 11% slip for 100mph.

Who else is in Jersey close to where TD runs? There has to be someone up there we all trust, (did I say that about Jersey?), to run with TD and let us know.

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.