Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone else have problems with Eddie Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189477-anyone-else-have-problems-eddie-marine.html)

PorscheSpeed 06-24-2008 12:15 PM

Sent them an email.

I just wanted to see if i was one of the few or this was a common problem.

PorscheSpeed 06-30-2008 10:58 PM

Follow up-
Sent Eddie Marine an email, no response.
Today I phoned and was transfered to a line that never answered....no VM either.
They are now on my "Never Buy From" list.

rampage42 07-01-2008 01:08 AM

Eddie has always been top notch for me and EVERYONE I know! You should have called first instead of getting a witch hunt going on this thread. Kenny no longer works there, call and ask for Eddie and explain what is up. I assure you he will take care of it.
They are one of the good guys.
Hope you get your issue resolved, ask for Eddie and I am sure you will.

birdog 07-01-2008 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by rampage42 (Post 2608705)
Eddie has always been top notch for me and EVERYONE I know! You should have called first instead of getting a witch hunt going on this thread.

Maybe you should read his last post before you reply...

rampage42 07-01-2008 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by birdog (Post 2608986)
Maybe you should read his last post before you reply...

I did. What I said was he should have called BEFORE he started this thread which he did not. Everyone wants to jump on a business before they try to resolve an issue themselves, that's my point.
Like I said, call and ask for Eddie.

birdog 07-01-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by rampage42 (Post 2609148)
I did. What I said was he should have called BEFORE he started this thread which he did not. Everyone wants to jump on a business before they try to resolve an issue themselves, that's my point.
Like I said, call and ask for Eddie.

Gotcha...thought you missed it

I had terrible service from Gaffrig along time ago and posted..People said i should have asked for so and so..Why cant the average customer get service without being connected ?

Michael1 07-02-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by birdog (Post 2609490)
Gotcha...thought you missed it

I had terrible service from Gaffrig along time ago and posted..People said i should have asked for so and so..Why cant the average customer get service without being connected ?

I agree. That's a sign of bad management. Everyone in the company should be on the same page as far as customer service goes.

I do agree with Rampage, though, that you should at least call or email before making a big deal out of it on the forums. Every company makes mistakes. It could have been a new hire that did this, and was fired the next day. A good company will make it right in short order. A bad one, that doesn't, deserves to be flushed out on the forums.

Michael

PorscheSpeed 07-03-2008 11:07 AM

The fact they didn't respond to my email, OR answer my phone call (which were days apart) is what im upset about. At first i though someone was just having a bad day. Guess not.