Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How I Screwed Chris Sunkin >

How I Screwed Chris Sunkin

Notices

How I Screwed Chris Sunkin

Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, Tex, I'm an evil, nasty person. You get a gold star for outing me to everyone here.

You know, Colin made a mistake- unfortunately it had a ripple effect that messed several people up and caused some of us to not be able to do what we said we would. But then he came here & set it right. I respect him for that.

What do we respect you for Tex? Stuff like this? In the last while, you've been coming out of left field on alot of topics and taking some heat about it. You and I have gone back and forth and rather than attacking you, we've shared our viewpoints and talked. Now another left-field attack? I'm sorry you feel that way and felt the need to take your shot here.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 06-26-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

I'm not looking for respect, I come here to gain knowledge and when I see a thread that needs a different perspective......well then tally ho. Dare to disagree........I'm not a sheep and I don't really care much what people think of me on this site.

I guess I just feel for the guy. His only mistake was trying to sell you a trailer. He wasn't selling you a weekend at the Aronow race and its not his fault the way you went about organizing the pickup. I don't like the way you use OSO to publicize every little transaction that doesn't come out the way you want it too. I read your post earlier in the day before this thread started. You threatened to publicly tarnish this guys reputation and boat if he did not come on here and apoligize. That just doesn't sit well with me. I understand if this guy took off with your money or sold you a bunk trailer, but all he did was change his mind.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 PM

OK Tex...

I use OSO to "publicize every little transaction..."?

Point one out. One. You are flat-out fabricating on this.

You read a post about this topic prior to this thread? Point it out.

Another fabrication on your behalf.

The dealing between Colin and I has been settled and it's our business. It was unfortunate that it affected other parties- a chain of events that was supposed to happen but didn't. His actions caused me to break my word and no-show on someone else, causing them issues with commitments that they made. Colin was an honorable individual and took the hit, thereby squaring this with all parties. That's what a man does. Obviously something lost on you.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You read a post about this topic prior to this thread? Point it out.

Another fabrication on your behalf.
You werent referring to this incident when you posted this? Lets see a show of hands for how many figured this was the deal Cuz you know ... he manned up

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=189609&page=2

Last edited by Racegirl3; 06-27-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
You werent referring to this incident when you posted this? Lets see a show of hands for how many figured this was the deal Cuz you know ... he manned up

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=189609&page=2
Pretty oblique reference, wouldn't you say? Tex inferred I came on here & called the man out. Not the case. Colin & I had already had our discussion. He decided to do the right thing and let everyone who was affected know it was his issue that caused the whole chain of events.

There's a certain amount of this I hoped to stay between he and I. That's why I said what I said in my first post. It's done. Colin did what was right.

What Colin did seems to be lost on a small pecentage of you. He caused someone an inconvenience that without him realizing, caused another person an inconvenience and down the chain- all of it avoidable. By coming on here, he did an honorable thing- he took responsibility. He also let those down the chain know that it was his responsibility, not the last person behind them. There are few places out there where this seems to happen anymore and for the most part OSO is one.

Colin and I are good on this. The other people involved are good on this as well. The rest of the spectators are free have their own opinions on the topic.

I've said my last.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chris,

I thought that since this has nothing to do with me, and that it is really none of my business, and that it is all already worked out, and that it was worked out at the top of the thread, that I should toss a completely uninformed, incorrect and agitating comment in:
You are a big meanie and a terrible person.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd just like to add that the use of "tally-ho" in a conversation should warrant a 10 day no posting ban. People need to start taking responsibility for what they post.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Down Boy,,,,, I dont think its going where you think it is !!!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
I'd just like to add that the use of "tally-ho" in a conversation should warrant a 10 day no posting ban. People need to start taking responsibility for what they post.
The exception should be posts originating from the UK, and when DollaBill is referring to bar tabs and ladies.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
You never know what it means these days. In our present climate, tally ho could refer to counting women of a certain racial background.

I was just listenkng to XM radio where they were talking about "using a big hoe to shovel dirt" onto one of the levees. I immediately pictured a large black woman in way-too-short/tight shorts and dripping with attitude, wearing boots and knee-deep in Mississippi river mud, shovelling away. But I'm kinda' weird.

Quick Reply: How I Screwed Chris Sunkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.