Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   President Bush Rides IN Style.....In a FOUNTAIN (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189648-president-bush-rides-style-fountain.html)

FountainMedia 06-25-2008 11:57 AM

President Bush Rides IN Style.....In a FOUNTAIN

3 Attachment(s)
PERFORMANCE BOATING’S COMMANDER IN CHIEF

Kennebunkport, ME: Fountain Powerboats President and CEO Reggie Fountain and Mercury Marine President Mark Schwabero made a special delivery on June 20 when they presented former President of the United States George Bush with the keys to his new Fountain 38’ Center Console powered by triple Mercury 300 hp Verado outboards.
“It’s a tremendous honor to continue our relationship with President Bush,” said Fountain. “He’s a true patriot and a great American.”
The 38’ Center Console named Fidelity IV is President Bush’s third Fountain. Previously, he had owned a 31’ Center Console with twin Mercury outboards, Fidelity II, followed by a 34’ Center Console with triple Mercury 275-hp Verado outboards, Fidelity III. The 41st president of the United States enjoys fishing for stripers and bluefish off the Maine coast and is frequently joined on outings by his son, President George W. Bush.
After Fountain, Schwabero and President Bush took a test ride in the Fidelity IV, the former commander in chief exclaimed that his new 38 is the best handling boat he’s ever been in and he’s not known for taking it easy when he’s on the water. Upon their return to the docks, the group enjoyed lunch at the Bush family home in Kennebunkport. The home has been in the family since the former president’s grandfather bought the property in 1895.
In addition to being the boat of choice for the former president, the Fountain 38 Center Console is the most successful hull on the Southern Kingfish Association and American Striper tournament trails. A boat identical to President Bush’s also recently established an endurance record from Hatteras, N.C., to New York Harbor, covering the 410 miles in 6 hours, 10 minutes, 8 seconds, averaging 64 mph and just under 1 mpg.

For more information visit: www.fountainpowerboats.com

10x 06-25-2008 12:06 PM

That's great. Got to love a ex-president and current president that enjoys powerboating.

I was told by the previous owner of my Fountain, and Reggie himself, that back when my boat was new, former pres George Bush, drove and throttled my boat to speeds of over 100 mph. I wish I had some pics of that. :D

JB4Boyne 06-25-2008 12:07 PM

Because he has openly admitted speed scares him:evilb:

Jupiter Sunsation 06-25-2008 12:08 PM

He likes the way Fountain's handle around the docks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ntMluaKA_c

10x 06-25-2008 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2602139)
He likes the way Fountain's handle around the docks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ntMluaKA_c

We were waitin for that LMAO :evilb: Well, atleast he did'nt give up and stop tryin. LMAO again.:angry-smiley-038:

SLOWOUTBOARD 06-25-2008 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2602133)
That's great. Got to love a ex-president and current president that enjoys powerboating.

I was told by the previous owner of my Fountain, and Reggie himself, that back when my boat was new, former pres George Bush, drove and throttled my boat to speeds of over 100 mph. I wish I had some pics of that. :D

I HOPE THAT OVER 100 MPH IS ON GPS BECAUSE THRER IS A LITTLE BLUE STINGRAY THAT MIGHT KICK YOUR AZZ. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:evilb:

10x 06-25-2008 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD (Post 2602157)
I HOPE THAT OVER 100 MPH IS ON GPS BECAUSE THRER IS A LITTLE BLUE STINGRAY THAT MIGHT KICK YOUR AZZ. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:evilb:

That's possible, there's always someone faster. I'm going back to 1989, this Fountain I currently own, driven by Reggie himself, set a world KILO speed record of 117.8 in Sarasota, but that was many years ago. No steps, just a beak, and a well blueprinted bottom, setup properly.

Thanks Reggie !!! :evilb:

DollaBill 06-25-2008 12:24 PM

I'm surprised it has a T-Top. He likes to fly fish and it makes it hard to do. I was involved with the sale/purchase when he went to his last 34 CC from his older 31.

You should have seen all the wiring chit for the radios and commonication equipment!!!

JB4Boyne 06-25-2008 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2602175)
I'm surprised it has a T-Top. He likes to fly fish and it makes it hard to do. I was involved with the sale/purchase when he went to his last 34 CC from his older 31.

You should have seen all the wiring chit for the radios and commonication equipment!!!

Did he need special financing?:drink:

Sydwayz 06-25-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2602143)
We were waitin for that LMAO :evilb: Well, atleast he did'nt give up and stop tryin. LMAO again.:angry-smiley-038:

Its a good thing that boat does not have the step on the bow like the Sunsations. They would have never gotten it off the dock. :D

Good call JS. Classic video.