Can we get Back to BOATS PLEASE!!! >

Can we get Back to BOATS PLEASE!!!

Notices

Can we get Back to BOATS PLEASE!!!

Old 02-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can we get Back to BOATS PLEASE!!!

Isn't this board hear to talk about boats. I mean the string that Nort Posted was funny as all hell but as you see he started it with a picture of a BOAT on fire. Then there was a picture of Nort in a Bikini in a BOAT also very funny and boat related, even more so if you know or have met Nort. A large amount of the other CRAP on that string is not needed nore should it be on this board. The one string that Nickslick started with pictures of the members was also a great idea that went a little south in the middle but seems to have gotten back on track. It has been great to see what you all look like, and know that I am one ugly bastard I DO NOT however want to see some picture of "Travis boning a sheep" or the hugely fat women that have been put on there. If I want to go see naked girls, I just went to Yahoo and typed "Naked girls" in for a search and came up with 2237 hits. So obviously there are any number of other places on the net that can handle your curiosity for that. I am not sure how long some of you have been hear, but some of us have been through many revisions of this board. There have been a lot of improvements over the years to allow for the handling of the MASSIVE amounts of traffic that we get hear. The sad thing that I am seeing now is that the Traffic seems to be dropping. I can care less and skip over the off topic stuff and I will agree that some of it is funny. However it is stuff that I can get a million and one other places on the internet. These are places that I choose not to go to. I for one do not want to see valued members like Too Old leave us. If we keep at the pace that we are at, with all the off topic stuff going on, then I fear that Too Old is only the first of many that will not come around any more. If you guys were manufacturers looking for a place to gain valuable insite on your or other product would you take this board seriously the way it has been lately? I sure as hell would not. I would say what a bunch of snotty kids. I am sure that some of this is just people playing around with a new format and having some fun. I just think that we have to watch what we do. Yes it is GENERAL Topics but they are still sapposed to be BOAT RELATED. I think that we have to remember what this board is hear for and that is to talk about Performance boating. It has Morfed itself into being a WONDERFUL place were lots of VERY GOOD people have come together and gotten to know one another. I have met LOTS of great people on this board and traveled to places that I would never have gone had it not been for this board. I would hate to think that they will leave because the board has lost its FOCUS.

Ok rip me a new one if you want or pat me on the back I just felt it needed to be said.

Jon
Old 02-26-2002, 10:21 AM
diligaf

Default WELL SAID JON !!

Now step off your soap-box and have some CHEESE WITH YOUR WHINE....

Old 02-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh...there is a response....I just looked at your thread topic....and it had 22 views and no responses.

I guess boobies win...LOL!!

Tracy
Old 02-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

Jon,
I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Consintracy

I guess boobies win...LOL!!

Tracy
I second that!!!

The Moral minority will keep spouting.........next they will say "I've been here for a long time but this is not the board it used to be. I will not post here anymore."

Maybe about 10 people will leave. Then the complaints......which are about all thats posted anymore will cease.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

WELL SAID JON, I think as spring approaches more of us will return to boating mode....I hope so ..I'm gettin ichy!!!! my .02 Dave
Old 02-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

You're right Jon.
Being able to post pics is real nice feature but it got out of hand quickly.
Kind of like a kid with a new toy trying all the features and seeing how much he can get away with.

It's time to cool it before we lose it.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Didn't his happen last winter, too?

I'm one of the fortunate ones who can and does boat this time of the year, but unfortunately(and believe me, I feel for you all) most of us can't right now. Hell, Some of us haven't even seen our boats for some time....This may have a lot to do with being OT...It'll change.

I vividly recall last winter being very similar!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:53 AM
diligaf

Default WHO CARES

IF all we ever did was talk about " BOATING " this would be one boring ass place...

And thats the beauty of it,, if you want to talk about boating, go ahead, if you wanna read the monday morning funny, then go ahead. IF DONT WANNA get " OFFENDED " then stay the hell away from post that are clearly going to OFFEND YOU.

Don't pull that, " then change the channel " stuff on me,,, I'm all to high and mighty, I am going to make it my job to be the POSTING POLICE... You dont have a stick up your ass, you have a telephone pole...

Old 02-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Concitricy and Tanned Fat: I am just curious how you think that the board Benifiets by people being so offended that they leave and do not come back. How it is that the board has benifieted by posting pictures of members that are not ment to be seen by the world and make them so upset that they have a hard time sleeping at night? Do they have soft skin? Maybe, but WHY should they be even put to that test? I am just saying have respect for EVERYONE on the board, think about what you are posting and what members will think, there are a lot of people that are in hear, and there are plenty of other places to go get "Boobies". There are however NOT many places with the VAST knowlege of offshore power boats that is on this board. To loose even one is a bad thing as that one person could be the one person that has the answer to YOUR next problem. This board will have a lot of power in the industy as long as it stays on track. I will not agree with Too Old as far as it being Jeffreys responsibility to edit the board or the idea that it is the recent merger with the new parter that has caused the problems. I think it is just people messing around with the new format. That is fine but know there is a nine in the sand that really should not be crossed. That line can move around a bit but I know that some of the stuff I have been seeing lately is WELL past it.

Jon

Quick Reply: Can we get Back to BOATS PLEASE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.