Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance Boat Companies that have gone or are almost gone (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189760-performance-boat-companies-have-gone-almost-gone.html)

BLee 06-29-2008 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by windmarinepower (Post 2606854)
probably get banned by the cry baby moderators

There are only a few of us pimp. I haven't banned you once. I doubt my compadre's have paid much attention to you either. I prefer to let douchebags like you publicly humiliate yourselves in front of a relatively small group of people that know each other. It makes the site money, and reminds everyone that no matter how bad of a day it is, at least you don't have to resign up for an internet forum everyday that collectively laughs at your general existence.

MidnightRider 06-29-2008 07:37 PM

Marc- what happened to the saber molds. The 22, 24, 28, 34, 41, and and unpaid for 47???? Are they still around?

Carrera?
Slickcraft?
Warlock?

W. MI had and has some great builders

Cary
Axiom
Skater
Tierra
Saber
Aero Tech Challenger
Chris Craft
Broward

plumbers crack 06-29-2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2606906)
There are only a few of us pimp. I haven't banned you once. I doubt my compadre's have paid much attention to you either. I prefer to let douchebags like you publicly humiliate yourselves in front of a relatively small group of people that know each other. It makes the site money, and reminds everyone that no matter how bad of a day it is, at least you don't have to resign up for an internet forum everyday that collectively laughs at your general existence.

OUCH!!! KEYBOARDS HIDE TOO MANY AHOLES! WE NEED PICS!

stainless 06-29-2008 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 2606377)
Super Hawaii went up in smoke back in the early 90s. The owner Kitami, had some great plans to build a lot more than boats. Complete,luxury resorts, with SH boats availble to the guest, racing teams and a 45' SH. It seems the owner had great intentions. Just not enough bankroll for his dreams to be realized.
The 34 will never be built again, the molds were crushed. The 40(same hull as the 37 Midnight Express ) can still be built. Molds are around.

why crush the molds????? why not lease out to another bulider????:(

stainless 06-29-2008 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mccaffertee (Post 2606739)
I will guess that the smaller custom builders are going to be hit harder. They may not have the overhead, but the larger companies have better management and resources. I guess by 2010 we will have only 2 -3 real builders left; Skater, Cig and or Outerlimits. Just a SWAG for the asking!

what about mti???

windmarinepower1 06-29-2008 08:03 PM

Chris , sounds like you and blee are buddies now , Chris your the biggest bs joke on here, I just laugh at some of your ignorant posts, bye to you

boatme 06-29-2008 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightRider (Post 2606921)
Marc- what happened to the saber molds. The 22, 24, 28, 34, 41, and and unpaid for 47???? Are they still around?

Not sure, but i think most of the Saber molds are still in the Geholds hands (except the 47, it was never theirs to begin with but it still may be at there building)
yea michigan was a hot bed for great boats

still a few Great boat builders left here

Skater
Tiera
Grand Craft
Sunsation
4 Winds
Ocean Express??

Payton 06-29-2008 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2606932)
why crush the molds????? why not lease out to another bulider????:(

From my understanding the owner was trying to prove a point to the former owner. I think it's debatable who's point he proved.:Whatever:

Frequency 06-29-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 2606345)
are envisions still built ???

Yep, still being built. They have expanded their market to Europe to get through the tough times here. :)