Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So who's taking odds?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189840-so-whos-taking-odds.html)

bouyhunter 06-28-2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2606125)

I'm gonna' find one of o'l Reg crucified on the Fountain circle of lightning... or is that the real crown of thorns?

You're usually not this deep.
Something to think about.
What is the modern day translation of Barabas?
Baja?
Where's Fund when you need him...

99fever27 06-28-2008 08:47 PM

Chris, How do you like my new sig line? :evilb::D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-28-2008 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2606040)
Who's taking odds on this 100.01 attempt tomorrow??
I just want to get in on the action.

I would suppose if you want to see if he could hit his mark, than perhaps set the wager with him to make it worth it...

I could see him giving it all its worth if money was on the line...

Remember, he is a street racer that races on bets... :ernaehrung004:

long duck dong 06-28-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2606150)
I would suppose if you want to see if he could hit his mark, than perhaps set the wager with him to make it worth it...

With all due respect to you, I think allot of us still dont think the guy is going to show up...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-28-2008 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2606153)
With all due respect to you, I think allot of us still dont think the guy is going to show up...

I will go out on a limb here.... :D

He'll be there !

I also got word that 1 and possibly 2 other boats are looking to come race him.

1 from NY and 1 from PA. Let's see if they show up !

It could get real interesting.... :ernaehrung004:

TD could make some good money, or he could lose it all... ;)

open87 06-28-2008 09:17 PM

yo bouy , 101 today here in oregon:eek::D:D

bouyhunter 06-28-2008 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2606150)

Tim,
I already posted my money - pic included.
I've yet to see anyone else step up.
I figure I have nothing to lose. I'd pay $100 to see that he can get 100mph out of that boat. And if he does, I'll applaud.
But I'm not paying a Abe jr. for any less.
My money is on the line - but I've yet to see anyone that is willing to take the line - so far, my money is safe.
What's your confidence level?
I don't mean to call you out, and don't take it personal. Please don't take it that way. I mean it with respect to you.
I'm just not seeing anyone that is willing to back this guy.

85 is nothing. TD set the bar.
Less than 100 - all bets are off.

tripple digits 06-28-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2606168)
Tim,
I figure I have nothing to lose. I'd pay $100 to see that he can get 100mph out of that boat. And if he does, I'll applaud.
My money is on the line - but I've yet to see anyone that is willing to take the line - so far, my money is safe.
I don't mean to call you out, and don't take it personal. Please don't take it that way. I mean it with respect to you.

85 is nothing?? thats faster then most I/O V's on this forum with big blocks and bravos. How fast is your boat?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-28-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2606168)
Tim,

Perhaps TD has some people scratching their heads... ?
So many are confident he will not do it or even show up for that matter but as I said, TD is a betting man. If there isn't enough on the line to make a winning pass to make some money, he just may not do 100. He will wait until the pot gets sweetened...

As far as my opinion, I know some history on the man and had installed his phone lines at his previous shop. I got to see what he engineered into a sleeper of a black Firebird that raised the hair on the back of my neck. We got discussing boats and I learned he used to work for Al Copeland. How often did you ever see Al Copeland's boat in the back of the pack? The guy was down to earth. I learned he has since sold his shop. So this Sting Ray project has nothing to do with any business of his as I first thought.
From just what I know and seen, I believe he can run 100 and maybe more.

Just remember, the project took 3 years with a stock Sting Ray and an Alpha drive with a small block. He hasn't posted all of the modifications he had done. Perhaps some people will pick up on them in the photos. He has had some major players involved with this project as well which may come out at a later date.

And to think this all started when one of his friends sandbagged him and his brother on the water one day and he lost the challenge. That's where it all started...
So this is nothing more than a vandetta with a friend of his for getting beat. He is looking to now do the beating... :D

Chris Sunkin 06-28-2008 09:53 PM

You'd be WAY further ahead to just no-show than to post an 85.

And yes, 85 IS nothing, TRIPPLE DIGITS