Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read. >

NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Notices

NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Old 02-26-2001, 04:35 PM
NICKSLICK

Default NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Hey there everybody. Well finally I am approved to post! Ive been reading "the board" every day (and nite) for the last week while I was waiting to get approved.

Anyway, my name is NICK MATINA and Im in the process of getting a SCARAB! Im buying it right now, and have already left a deposit for it. I was hoping you guys could lend me your help by telling me what you think of the boat, and how much Im paying for it (am I getting a good deal or getting ripped?).

I am buying the boat for $25,000 cash. Im not like you guys, IM NOT RICH! This is every last dollar that I have to my name and I couldnt afford one penny more. Im trying to get the BEST, BIGGEST, AND MOST BADD @SS boat I can. Anyway, here are the pics of the boat:
http://community.webshots.com/album/6810484uVYZxQpIAD

Its got a pair of 502's in it, and they look and run good! The boat is SOOOOOOO CLEAN I cant believe it.

As I have seen from posts on this site, you want pictures of my wife! Actually, I HAVE SOME!!!! To find out all about me, go to:
http://www.websitemonster.com/nixpix

You can also see there that I like to dive and go bug (lobster) diving. And you can also see that I currently have a 1989 DONZI REGAZZA which Im selling (anybody want it?) for only $8000!!!

ANYWAY! Im very happy to finally be "ON BOARD THE BOARD", you guys all seem really nice, very funny, AND knowledgeable.

Nick

Old 02-26-2001, 04:40 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome (from the king of posts!!, self appointed of course). Boat looks like it has been taken care of. If it runs well, and goes fast enough for you, then it's o.k. with us!!!

Mike
Old 02-26-2001, 04:43 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

(laughing...) nixpix is great!
Old 02-26-2001, 04:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Nick, first off welcome to the board! We all have alot of fun around here as I'm sure you have figured out! There's a few of us here that own Scarab's. Me being one of them! I love the boat but the itch for a bigger one has bit me hard and I'm looking for a 36-38 now! If you have any questions feel free to email me!
Secondly, YOU ARE A LUCK MAN!!!
Does she have any sisters?

-Wally
Old 02-26-2001, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the best board out here!!

Waterfoul

Got the intake today. It seems to be in fine shape just as you advertised.

Did you recieve the check yet?

Ron
Old 02-26-2001, 04:46 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, nice pictures!! oh and yes the boat pics are nice too

Boat seems to be very clean. How many hours are on her? Price seems very fair to me. Did a quick check on boattraderonline and the price looks real well.

Welcome aboard. As you have already found out, this board is very respectable and everyone occassionally has a laugh or two to break up the Winter Blues.

Good luck.

Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Looks like a really well cared for boat, especially if it's from the late 70's! You had the boat surveyed right?

So watcha gonna call her?

The last time I saw this much energy in a guy was back in my teenaged days. Seems as I was chasing a piece of...did I mention that I'm married?
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Just checked out your website nick, nice!!! Update the boat section ASAP!! Your a bonafied offshore owner now!! Let me know if you need my address to send some fresh "bugs" up here. Just use lots of ice!!

Mike
Old 02-26-2001, 04:52 PM
Offshore1

Hey Nick welcome aboard. Looks like a nice boat your buying. Be careful thow make sure you get a hull survey and engine+Drive cheek too before you go any further. Dont kid yourself $25,000 CASH is quite a bit of money to gather up. Have fun Lata

Old 02-26-2001, 04:54 PM
Registered

Dude,

Welcome to the BOARD! It is a great place to hang out and meet a lot of great people and have some laughs and learn alot too. The boat is cool. Like was said earlier, if you can afford it and you like it, and it goes fast enough for you then that is all that matters! Everyone here comes from all walks of life but we all share the same passion and enjoy each other for who they are not what they have. So welcome aboard and bring the Mrs. by anytime! WOW!! There is a thread today that asks to define the word WOW in four words or less.... I define it GINA!!!!!!! oh, and don't take anything here too personal, we are all friends! ENJOY!

Shane

Quick Reply: NEWBIE TO THE CLUB! Please read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.