Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smarty's Father (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190074-smartys-father.html)

T2x 07-02-2008 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by T2x
Your Dad and I and Linder have a lot in common.......

See below

Pix uploads finally work...

T2x

Smarty 07-02-2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2610586)
Originally Posted by T2x
Your Dad and I and Linder have a lot in common.......

See below

T2x

The picture of the boat with twin Mercs, is that a Carlson? What size? How fast did that run back then? And the Corvette tow vehicle..in your picture, you saw the 1963 Split window Vette my father used as his tow vehicle back then, after the Vette is was a 1970 Z 28 Camaro. Yeah, you and him have alot in common. You two would have one helluva conversation about boats, hot-rods, ect.

He was a hot-rodder on wheels, water, and with snow-mobiles, he just loved to race anything, anybody, anytime...

T2x 07-02-2008 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 2610610)
The picture of the boat with twin Mercs, is that a Carlson? What size? How fast did that run back then? And the Corvette tow vehicle..in your picture, you saw the 1963 Split window Vette my father used as his tow vehicle back then, after the Vette is was a 1970 Z 28 Camaro. Yeah, you and him have alot in common. You two would have one helluva conversation about boats, hot-rods, ect.

He was a hot-rodder on wheels, water, and with snow-mobiles, he just loved to race anything, anybody, anytime...

That's George Linder in his original "Challenger" in 1966....... a Carlson Challenger named "Challenger 1". It was 16 feet long and ran like crap...... about 72 mph....I had it to 80 once but couldn't keep it flying at that speed for more than about 1/4 mi. It was a bad design in that it had two sponsons forward that tapered to a flat bottom at the rear...made no sense. Later Carlson modified the hulls into full tunnels. Basically George learned how NOT to design a hull from Art Carlson.....

My Vette was an emergency tow vehicle ( My Van was in the shop) that I used for one race and a quick trip to Mercury Oshkosh to pick up that race hull.

T2x

Smarty 07-03-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab (Post 2610249)
thought and prayers are with you and your family. i spoke with you and your dad a few times a few years back when i was looking at a 34 phantom that was for sale. soory to hear of what your going thru. my folks are gettin up there as well 75 and 72 and in 2006 they couldnt get in my spectre fast enuff..they had more fun then i did i think. there snow birds and there up here for the summer. last year my mother got pretty sick and due to enphazima (spelling) is now permanently on oxygen and its tuff for her to walk more then 20-30 ft at a clip without gasping. i've been spending as much time with them as possible while there up here this summer including taking them out on there 260 Sundancer. Joe D from the board showed my pops a great time this past friday by taking him out on his 37 Outerlimits with 900's and 6's and my pops had a blast.
Sorry for ranting and hijacking your thread...AGAIN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOURS

Bernie,

Thank you for praying my father (Alan Jones), my family appreciates all the support and compassion, from all here on OSO. Boating was the most important hobby he had; as my father is battling for his life, my sister-in-law, Laura, just has given birth to my new nephew, Gavin Alan Jones, 7 lb. 4 oz., mother and baby are well. Grandchild number four for my father and mother.

Keep your parents close Bernie; that's sounds great that that another OSO member, Joe D (I do not know Joe D personally), was thoughtful enough to give them a ride - they certainly would win quite a few race(s) that day, in that boat.

You did not hi-jack the thread, but your post should help others to understand to enjoy what we have today, and be thankful for the loved ones in our life! Yes, plan for tomorrow, but be thankful and enjoy today!

Stephen

DaveP 07-03-2008 12:25 PM

Hey Smarty,

If you would like to join us at the NJPPC raftup this Saturday on Barnegat Bay - let me know and I will hook you up with a ride!

Might be good medicine for you!

Smarty 07-03-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2611891)
Hey Smarty,

If you would like to join us at the NJPPC raftup this Saturday on Barnegat Bay - let me know and I will hook you up with a ride!

Might be good medicine for you!

Dave,

Thank you so much for the offer, but my father has passed, and I am needed here.

I would have really enjoyed the ride, too. Your kindness is appreciated; your a big dude with a big heart.

Thanks,

Stephen

BAJA342 07-03-2008 03:56 PM

Thoughts and Prayer for you and your Family.

Frank

Brandon 07-03-2008 04:07 PM

Sorry to hear that. Once again, you and your family are in our thoughts.

lucky strike 07-03-2008 04:17 PM

So sorry Stephen.. You guys are in our thoughts.

Steve

DaveP 07-03-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 2612027)
Dave,

Thank you so much for the offer, but my father has passed, and I am needed here.

I would have really enjoyed the ride, too. Your kindness is appreciated; your a big dude with a big heart.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen...so sorry about your dad. Godbless him.