Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my heart goes out to you and your family - jeff
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Bob, Smitty, Christian, Brian and everyone else (I am not sure of everyones real names),

Christian,

You are right he would spend hours upon hours trying to dial a boat in whether it was drive height, props, intakes, cylinder heads, jetting carbs, ect. He loved Sutphens too, and had driven the 30' Sutphen "Big Shot" on a few occasions, and just thought the world of Sutphens on how they would handle rough water.

It does not appear that my father will recover, but God can perform miracles and that is what it will take now. I will keep praying while my mother, my brother and I look after him in these last days.

Here is me driving his old (but brand new in the picture) 24' Pantera (and an 18' Donzi he restored entirely for me and my brother). He would do anything for his children and grandchildren, as well as any powerboater that needed help, or anyone who just wanted to talk/bullsh*t about boating. He loved boating, working on his boats in order for them to be faster, and working on other people's boats in order for them to have reliability and a good boating experience.

Thank you all for the support/thoughtfullness
Attached Thumbnails Smarty's Father-jonesboats1-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 07-04-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts and prayers, no doubt that he is a great dad and friend.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy

Stephen,I have spent numerous hours talking with you and your father out at Lloyds creek over the years,I wish you and your family the best of luck in these very tough times ahead of you.I just lost my father to Cancer and I know what you are going through.Please tell your father that Bill Weber said hello32 Velocity Hyperactive,he will remember.Our thoughts and prayers are with him and your family,he is a good man and we wish for him only the best.For those of you who have never met him he is the guy that win loose or draw when he was out on his boat he was having fun and he treated everyone like they were part of his family.Man life is not fair.If you need anything thing at all I am a phone call away.
Bill Weber & family
Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Prayers are with you. Hang on to those great memories, they will be a source of much comfort to you in the future.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Smarty!

Prayers for your Father and your family.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts and prayers sent to you Dad and the family. Sounds like an awesome guy and someone I would have liked! We wish the best of luck to him.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I went through this with my dad a few months ago...I respect how you feel. Spend as much time as possible with your dad and loved ones. Prayers are on the way..Take Care..Jeff and Sandy.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

thought and prayers are with you and your family. i spoke with you and your dad a few times a few years back when i was looking at a 34 phantom that was for sale. soory to hear of what your going thru. my folks are gettin up there as well 75 and 72 and in 2006 they couldnt get in my spectre fast enuff..they had more fun then i did i think. there snow birds and there up here for the summer. last year my mother got pretty sick and due to enphazima (spelling) is now permanently on oxygen and its tuff for her to walk more then 20-30 ft at a clip without gasping. i've been spending as much time with them as possible while there up here this summer including taking them out on there 260 Sundancer. Joe D from the board showed my pops a great time this past friday by taking him out on his 37 Outerlimits with 900's and 6's and my pops had a blast.
Sorry for ranting and hijacking your thread...AGAIN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOURS
Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

He is in my prayers and, based on his boats, shares the same passion that I do over a similar period of time. You gotta love the guys who paid their dues and kept the faith.

May he find smooth seas and a star to guide him.

T2x

Quick Reply: Smarty's Father

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.