Notices

Smarty's Father

Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,069 Likes on 283 Posts

Thoughts and Prayers with him and your family.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smarty So sorry to here this. I lost my Dad 8 years ago to cancer. He too introduced me to boating at a very young age.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
He is in my prayers and, based on his boats, shares the same passion that I do over a similar period of time. You gotta love the guys who paid their dues and kept the faith.

May he find smooth seas and a star to guide him.

T2x
T2x,

Here's a picture you might find interesting: 16' Carlson with a Merc BP125 (not sure if the BP is on the transom in this picture)it ran pretty good in 1968/1969, he sold that because I was born, mother said it went too fast and she was tired of eating the wind! He used to race the flatbottoms with this tunnel boat. It ran pretty good! Oh, the tow vehicle, not bad either.
Attached Thumbnails Smarty's Father-63splitwindowtowvehicle.jpg  
Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Smarty your dad sounds like a heck of a guy. It it so great that you are spending so much time with him, that must be such a comfort for all of you. He sure has created lots of good memories for you. Did he post here on OSO, if so what is his screen name.

My prayers are with you and your family. Donna
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Smarty your dad sounds like a heck of a guy. It it so great that you are spending so much time with him, that must be such a comfort for all of you. He sure has created lots of good memories for you. Did he post here on OSO, if so what is his screen name.

My prayers are with you and your family. Donna
He never, ever made one post. He was strictly a viewer, who did sell props, parts, blocks on OSO through me. He liked to read the posts in the tech section, prop section. And looking at what parts & swap-shop stuff was for sale. Thank you for your prayers.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Your Dad and I and Linder have a lot in common.......

See below

Oops ....picture upload on OSO is screwed up again......I'll try later

T2x
T2x,

He knew George Linder. He gave George Linder a ride in his 20' Cigarette (it was Don's first 20') at a Barnegat Bay race one time (it must have been pre 1978).
Old 07-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our thoughts are with your dad and family Smarty.

Rob & Barb
Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
He never, ever made one post. He was strictly a viewer, who did sell props, parts, blocks on OSO through me. He liked to read the posts in the tech section, prop section. And looking at what parts & swap-shop stuff was for sale. Thank you for your prayers.
did you ever notice that some that could have a lot to say on this site opt to listen, he must be a real gentleman and free of ego. I hope and pray he will not suffer a lot of pain
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
did you ever notice that some that could have a lot to say on this site opt to listen, he must be a real gentleman and free of ego. I hope and pray he will not suffer a lot of pain
You are right regarding his not posting - he could have shared alot of information online, but if and when he did share or seek information he would reach to fellow OSO guys like Smitty, Tyler Crockett, 7X, and others on the phone, not by typing - that was my job.

I am the blow-hard (talker) in the family (I was in sales and now am an attorney), my father was a life-long IBEW electrician (local 351, formerly 592). He was gifted mechanically(my father with the hands and mind), me with the mouth, and my brother with numbers (my brother is an accountant). We all had our niche.

Good observation

Last edited by Smarty; 07-02-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Smarty's Father

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.