Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Put In Bay, 1st time question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190113-put-bay-1st-time-question.html)

Ryan8886 07-03-2008 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2612058)
I just had a very nice conversation with Jason Fleming he is a DNR guy that is very involved with the access site rules and regulations. He said he has been talking to the director at Sterling State Park in Monroe, Eric Cowing, about having at least one of the access sites (Bolles or Sterling) allow overnight parking:D Jason really believes that parking should be allowed and cited all the reasons why, lots of people headed to the Islands from Monroe, fishing at night, breakdowns, etc. While they are talking it over they still need a push. He suggested we make our wish known to the Eric, the director of Sterling Park (they oversee Bowles).

So what I suggest is to send an email to Eric with a CC to Jason, saying how much this would help you and your friends that boating that area. Please be polite and don't say Jason said to email you. Here is what I wrote, but since I talked to Jason I sent mine to him, but it will give you an idea.

Thank you for the time you spent discussing my concerns about not being able to leave our truck and boat trailer overnight at Bolles Harbor. This has created a major inconvenience for many members of our Lake Erie boat club, we hold several weekend events in Monroe, Toledo, Put In Bay, and Grosse Isle. Monroe is a very convenient starting point for many boaters that access Lake Erie with plans to spend more than the day on the water. If you were able to amend the rules this would make life much easier and less expensive for my many boating friends.

[email protected]
[email protected]

I will start posting this info on all the web sites in the area and ask LEOPA to send an email out to our membership about it. In the mean time please feel free to send an email to Eric and copy Jason. Also please pass this information on to your boating friends. Thanks Donna

Hey Donna!

I put the Sunsation in the water this year from Sterling. Very nice launch, you shouldn't have a problem getting the Black Thunder in there.

Swan Boat Club has it's regatta this weekend so we're pretty much locked in the dock for the weekend. Planning a mid-week run to PIB/Kelly's Island next Wednesday if anyone is going to be around and wants to meet for a beer!

Ms PatriYacht 07-07-2008 02:17 PM

Hi Ryan, I Hope you are enjoying the boat. Weather permiting we are taking a bunch of our neighbors to Kelly's Island and then the bay this Sunday. We plan to leave Bowles around 11:00.
We are not to fond of the weekend boat regattas at the Lake Erie clubs we don't like to get pinned in and it is mostly about drinking and eating. Not that we don't like to do both, just don't like being confined. Have fun.

We overnighted there on Friday and did not get a ticket or warning. I still plan on getting everyone to send emails, so if you read this thread please do so.

ofshore 07-09-2008 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2614567)

We overnighted there on Friday and did not get a ticket or warning. I still plan on getting everyone to send emails, so if you read this thread please do so.

We were at Sterling Friday and Saturday night as well without any problems, actually, there was a dnr officer driving by the docks as I was pulling in at 2am Saturday morning and he didn't stop to say anything. Donna, was that your boat in the first spot on the outside of C-Dock. The docks never did fill up which is unusual for a holiday weekend at PIB especially with perfect weather.

I'll send both of them an email and see what they say.

wieland77 08-19-2008 07:09 AM

Ya Baby!

Spent this last weekend at PIB for my bachelor party and i have to say if was one of the best times i have ever had! Beautiful weather, great people, and lot of drinks. We ran in the Fox Chapel poker run on Sat and had a great time. 18 guys, 6 boats, 26+ cases of beer and nobody went to jail:ernaehrung004:!

Dd24skater 08-19-2008 08:44 AM

Glad to hear you had a good time!!!

There are always horror stories about PIB, but for the most part everbody is pretty good!!

Dd