Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Put In Bay, 1st time question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190113-put-bay-1st-time-question.html)

Chris Sunkin 07-02-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 2610825)
rules
1. dont dtink on the dock
2.dont passout or puke in the park
3. dont pile 15 drunken jackasses in a golfcart

...and public urination is severely frowned upon.

But if you corral a couple of skanks from the Roundhouse and do them both in the Miller Ferry pavillion, you'll probably get a pass.

Ms PatriYacht 07-02-2008 05:22 PM

http://www.greatmich.com/boat_launch...oat_launch.htm

This is about the best links I found for Bolles Harbor. The DNR site is useless, do a search for boat launch and you can't even get a list. I spoke to the gal at the contact number for Bolles she did not know about overnight parking. She said a man was coming in later that would call me. Bolles is easy to get to and very close to the LasPlasisant exit off of I 75, it really is a good place to launch and they have over 300 parking spaces, so not being able to leave a trailer is ridiculous. I argued with them last year and got no where, they said that they have to make the rules the same for all DNR ramps not matter how large or small. I don't think that rule has changed but I am just wondering and a little worried what the consequences are if you do it anyway. I will investigate more since we want to use it tomorrow, and let you know.

What part of Detroit will you be driving from, if you mean you are going to be by the Detroit Metro Airport, then Erie Metro Park would not be a bad drive, and it is definately better to keep your rig there.

jmackin 07-02-2008 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2610798)
Bolles Harbor has good launch but the big problem is it is a MI DNR launch site the DNR will not allow overnight parking. (at least as of last year) Lately Ian and I launch out of the Erie Metro Park and head over from there. However that being said we plan on taking a chance this Thursday and launch there to head to Toledo for two nights so we can join up with LEOPA for the the fireworks on Friday. Ian thinks if we get a ticket it will be cheaper then towing to Toledo and launching at Minkies.
Has anyone tried leaving their rig over night at Bolles I can't imagine they would tow the truck and 43' trailer.

Who plans on doing the LEOPA thing on Friday?

Go to trouts accross the canal. He'll let you keep it there all weekend.

phragle 07-02-2008 06:48 PM

I see vehicles parked at the bolles harbor launch 24/7hell it was kinda busy last weekend at 3:30 am.....

Ms PatriYacht 07-02-2008 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=jmackin;2611116]Go to trouts accross the canal. He'll let you keep it there all weekend.[/QUOTE

Do you mean launch at trouts, can you launch a Black Thunder there? We used to belong to Monroe boat club which I believe is by Trouts. We would launch at Bolles and then because I can not dock a 43" boat or park that long of a trailer, we would either have to hike around or get someone at the club to give us a ride and would park everything there. Even when we used to have the LEOPA Poker Run out of Monroe, they would have park by the club.

I just got a call back from the guy at the Sterling Park, he works for the launch sites and is not even sure about overnight parking, he radioed some one and they said it closes at 11, but then the guy says to me just leave it I don't think they will tow it or anything:D We will probably just chance it, what about people that plan on pulling out and then break down.

TWIN-SPINS 07-02-2008 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by wieland77 (Post 2610997)
YA,

I am set on going out of Bolles if the weather is nice/ok and will play it by ear while there. I have to come through DTW and pick a guy up on the way to Monroe is right on the way and it gives a chance to get some running in before bargin up for the weekend. The more i read the more excited i get!!

if you need to park your truck and boat,i can do,, that for you,,,i can even let you take a shuttle up to the terminal,to pick your friend up,,,,or he can take our shuttle,and ill bring him to you,,,24 seven parkngo.com all free of charge,,,,you know how uptimely flights can be:cool-smiley-011:

Ona-Mission 07-02-2008 08:24 PM

Mike,
This is going to be a good weekend. I can't wait.

THRILLSEEKER 07-02-2008 08:30 PM

No trip to PIB would be complete without eating a freshly plucked seagull from the Patio beside the Roundhouse.

OH, and take the keys out of your boat if you leave it at the city docks;)

showtime83 07-02-2008 08:33 PM

if its 4am and the police tell you to be quite and if they say"if i have to come back one more time, someones going to jail" well they wont be lieing, someone will goto jail, and you have to wait till monday to get them out, other than that, all the basics have been covered, last time i was there the police were really cool, they didnt mind drinking on the docks, as long as you were in front of where your boat was rafted and not wondering the entire dock with a live cocktail

THRILLSEEKER 07-02-2008 08:52 PM

You dont want to step foot off of your boat with a drink in your hand. TRUST ME!