Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Put In Bay, 1st time question >

Put In Bay, 1st time question

Notices

Put In Bay, 1st time question

Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ have they clamped down on it again??
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And you don't even want a couple seeds from your Mexican dirtweed that are there from last summer.

The locals are happy to have as many law abiding citizens visit their island and spend money in their businesses. They're also quite pleased to fine you and seize your property for later auction if that's how you want to do it.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've only been arrested at PIB once, and it wasn't for illegal substances or booze on the docks/public.
I still have the ticket framed.
I was young and obnoxious then.
At least one of those traits has evolved.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

We are actually going over tonight to stay for the night. (weather permitting). I anyone wants to join us. I would rather get it out of the way now to avoid all of the July 4th crazies.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
if you need to park your truck and boat,i can do,, that for you,,,i can even let you take a shuttle up to the terminal,to pick your friend up,,,,or he can take our shuttle,and ill bring him to you,,,24 seven parkngo.com all free of charge,,,,you know how uptimely flights can be
Hey TSpin's are you Larry from Park and Go??? i
Old 07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
We are actually going over tonight to stay for the night. (weather permitting). I anyone wants to join us. I would rather get it out of the way now to avoid all of the July 4th crazies.

I'm headed over tonight. Plan is Adam is putting me off a 50ft something with a big swim platform, then Rob Judge, so if you want you could between rob and I or off the big boat and me, either way it gives us the big boat to block our boats from easy access from the dock, and easy to walk across platforms, I'll be there by 4 or 5
Old 07-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I've only been arrested at PIB once, and it wasn't for illegal substances or booze on the docks/public.
I still have the ticket framed.
I was young and obnoxious then.
At least one of those traits has evolved.
OK...whose shoes did you pee on?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I'm headed over tonight. Plan is Adam is putting me off a 50ft something with a big swim platform, then Rob Judge, so if you want you could between rob and I or off the big boat and me, either way it gives us the big boat to block our boats from easy access from the dock, and easy to walk across platforms, I'll be there by 4 or 5
Jeremy- Sounds good. We need room for Scott too. will probably get over there around 6-6:30 or so. Looked at the weather ad I think the rain is done today around 4 or so.

RAF
Old 07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Have fun guys, drink a few for me.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht;2611195]
Originally Posted by jmackin
Go to trouts accross the canal. He'll let you keep it there all weekend.[/QUOTE

Do you mean launch at trouts, can you launch a Black Thunder there? We used to belong to Monroe boat club which I believe is by Trouts. We would launch at Bolles and then because I can not dock a 43" boat or park that long of a trailer, we would either have to hike around or get someone at the club to give us a ride and would park everything there. Even when we used to have the LEOPA Poker Run out of Monroe, they would have park by the club.

I just got a call back from the guy at the Sterling Park, he works for the launch sites and is not even sure about overnight parking, he radioed some one and they said it closes at 11, but then the guy says to me just leave it I don't think they will tow it or anything We will probably just chance it, what about people that plan on pulling out and then break down.

Donna, did you talk to someone at sterling state park or the dnr launch at bolles harbor?

The dnr launch at bolles does close at 11:00 and I know people who were issued tickets for leaving their vehicles there, don't waste your time trying to reasoning with them I've tried and it won't help.

The last couple years I've been using Sterling State Park, the launch ramps were re-done a couple years ago and the channel was dredged last year. Technically the park closes but you won't get a ticket for leaving your vehicle so it's probably your best bet. The main issue with sterling is there's no long stall parking spots so you’re going to have to angle across two or three spaces, I parked along the entrance road one weekend to try to be courteous and not clog up the parking lot, I received a warning for not being in a parking space , if you’re going this weekend I'll be in the back of the lot with you.

I use to launch at trout’s 4 or 5 years ago (you could launch the black thunder there) the only problem i had was the ramp is steep and no matter how tight I winched up the boat it would always slide back on the trailer when retrieving it. I was launching and leaving my truck there then driving around to bolles harbor to pull the boat out but for some reason mr. trout (I forget his name) wanted me to retrieve the boat at his ramp, i have no idea why. FYI if you use trout’s marina mr. trout doesn't like loud boats so you would probably want to walk your boat to the end of the dock and back it out so in the future we can keep using his ramp.

Speaking of Erie as of today the wave forecast for the next five days is 1-2 foot waves so it'll be a nice ride to PIB or Toledo for the fireworks.

Quick Reply: Put In Bay, 1st time question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.