Notices

Cat Chaser or Cat Killer?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jryan26
Sunny Isles, FL. The 42’ Fountain, Miccosukee Indian Gaming, was the first V-bottom to complete the round trip.
Exactly everyone's point. The Cat Chaser didn't show up to run and one of their other boats was the first "Vee". XXX was ahead until they made a wrong move. Cats took first and second.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know
this has been beat to death but...poker runs are not a race...i'm afraid if another accident happens these runs will be a thing of the past. there are many different skill levels of drivers at these popker runs and insurance companies will stop writting policies to cover these events....look what happened to the smoke on the water run...just my 2c...,
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getchasum111
I know
this has been beat to death but...poker runs are not a race...i'm afraid if another accident happens these runs will be a thing of the past. there are many different skill levels of drivers at these popker runs and insurance companies will stop writting policies to cover these events....look what happened to the smoke on the water run...just my 2c...,
I agree, but only to a point. Some of the Poker Runs have trophy's for first to bridge, a radar shootout, a running pace boat start with a first to a certain card stop etc. If the so-called "Cat Killer" would say they were showing at a run a few weeks ahead of time with one of these events built in, they could prove they earned the name or lose it. So far that boat has run at one event where, according to almost all witnesses, "creative editing" developed a fictitious video. Supposedly the boat goes over 170, but that particular boat has never been in a documented speed run of any kind as far as I know. Once again, according to participants, it has shown at four runs and lost or broke at all four? It has also run at numerous events on the circuit, and in only one has it been the first overall fastest boat where Cats have participated, (a very fast V though). I want to see it do the best it can at a run with an announcement up front against Cats in a safe as possible situation ie;controlled speed run heads up. Triple Digits announced, showed, and ran, (disappointment), I would expect the same result.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Some of the Poker Runs have trophy's for first to bridge, a radar shootout, a running pace boat start with a first to a certain card stop etc. .
If the radar "shootout' is a separate event, with separate runs, then I imagine they could get away with it (do they use a separate waiver or anything?) But it seems kind of disingenuous to say on one hand "it's not a race" ...but then offer any kind of "official" prizes or trophies for "first to bridge/card stop."

I will tell, you if I was an insurance company and saw that, I'd probably use that to invalidate the Run's policy, or that of a participant...if said prizes were noted in the official event program. In other words, you can't have it both ways...

Just an informal, spur-of-the-moment "let's see who get's there first" might be okay. I think the friendly competition is great, and adds to the fun. Unfortunately, lawyers and insurance companies often tend to see thing in black-and-white...(and green).
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

Just curious, has Cat Killer shown anywhere since the Skater beat it, or have they made plans to be anywhere, (like Destin)?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Last time I was at Destin not a big showing but chance they will be there as far as race or run inforcement and rescue people should cover it
No chance. Too many cats.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
No chance. Too many cats.
That's why I was wondering. In the vid they talk about throwing out the gauntlet and showing whenever they get called out, Gino and others called them out, haven't heard a peep or squeek in response to the big cat's roars. Was wondering if anyone had or if they took the CatKiller off the side after the "Battle to the Bridge". Maybe LOTO?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
What do you think?

Was a very interesting TD but, will CK actually plan ahead to run against the big Cats (TD showed), or will it always be a stealth situation like it has been?

There are for sure two of the Cats Stalking!

"If you talk to him tell him, tell him I'm looking for Cat chaser. We were hoping he would be at the Aronow Memorial. Hopefully he will be at Emerald coast." LubeJobs42

"I understand if you don't show. I wouldn't want to feel like a whipped dog either after this cat puts you down. Very Respectively Yours! Speed Racer"

"Gino, if this goes down I'm gonna hit the course early and get a good spot for some pictures!!!" Croozin2

"Speed Racer Calling Reggie" Thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=Cat+Killer

"Don't Be Talking Smack About Fountain - Cause Reggies' Here!" Thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189996
He better get a high powered Helicopter with a tow rope if he wants to beat Speed Racer thats for damn shore.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino laid this challenge down on 7/2 and still no response from CC?? I'm beginning to wonder if they want a fair fight with boats that are prepared to run against them.

Keep this thread near the top cause if they finally accept the challenge, I want to know where on the course it's going to take place.

And, I sincerely hope no one breaks this time. That way there are no excuses when the
Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
He better get a high powered Helicopter with a tow rope if he wants to beat Speed Racer thats for damn shore.
The first time, Randy was running the big pullys, low octane, and propped wrong CK will not show up to a fair fight.

Last edited by WARPARTY36; 07-24-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Cat Chaser or Cat Killer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.