Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ripped off by boattrader add >

ripped off by boattrader add

Notices

ripped off by boattrader add

Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok guys ,I talked to him several times ,it seems he bought these engines at Daddyos marine engines ( www.daddyosmarine.com) he said that he bought them as complete running packages ,I said thats ok , a complete running engine package should have everything you need to make the engines run ,right ??? he said no ,they come without the flywheel ,pulley,s powersteering pump,starter,alternator etc etc ,he said he is willing to buy 2 starters and 2 alternators to satisfy us .
The starters and alternators where on the receipt from daddyosmarine,but his cousin took them off because he had these engines with him in a boat that belongs to his cousin...

If I look at the website from daddyosmarine ,these engines sell for $ 4495 each and are replacement engines ,wich means ( to me ) that you use your own flywheel,pulley,s starters ,alternators etc etc .

If he had put ,, replacement engines ,, in his add ,my friend had never bought them.

I told him my friend want his money back ,but he said he could not do that .

I told him I will get back to him tomorrow .

This guy sounds like he had really no clue about engines and marine stuff ,and sounds like he had done nothing wrong...

What do you guys think ?? should we let him buy us a set starters and alternators and live on with this, and find ourself the rest of the parts that are missing ?

Or should I post his info ?

thx A.J
Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stirling
Ok guys ,I talked to him several times ,it seems he bought these engines at Daddyos marine engines ( www.daddyosmarine.com) he said that he bought them as complete running packages ,I said thats ok , a complete running engine package should have everything you need to make the engines run ,right ??? he said no ,they come without the flywheel ,pulley,s powersteering pump,starter,alternator etc etc ,he said he is willing to buy 2 starters and 2 alternators to satisfy us .
The starters and alternators where on the receipt from daddyosmarine,but his cousin took them off because he had these engines with him in a boat that belongs to his cousin...

If I look at the website from daddyosmarine ,these engines sell for $ 4495 each and are replacement engines ,wich means ( to me ) that you use your own flywheel,pulley,s starters ,alternators etc etc .

If he had put ,, replacement engines ,, in his add ,my friend had never bought them.

I told him my friend want his money back ,but he said he could not do that .

I told him I will get back to him tomorrow .

This guy sounds like he had really no clue about engines and marine stuff ,and sounds like he had done nothing wrong...

What do you guys think ?? should we let him buy us a set starters and alternators and live on with this, and find ourself the rest of the parts that are missing ?

Or should I post his info ?

thx A.J
Sounds like your buddy bought his old JUNK, he put the new stuff from Daddyo's in his boat, and is selling you the leftovers, I would OUT him!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if he had any principle and nothing to hide or was confident in the engines worth, he would refund your money (less any expenses). If the engines are good he could just resell them.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Sorry to hear.

You guys have this board and forum to work with to find what you need.

At least if you buy stuff from guys here on the board, you get what you pay for.

Good Luck

Unfortunately often times this is not the case. There have been many times that memebers have been screwed by other "members"