Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Internet Brands, Whats Your Excuse This Time? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190258-internet-brands-whats-your-excuse-time.html)

OSO 07-08-2008 10:45 PM

I have been testing the pic posting problem and working closely with IB today trying to get all the problems resolved, I tested the pics and they seem to be working, is this not the case?

Please PM me directly if needed.

Steve

MacGyver 07-09-2008 06:37 AM

Good to see you back at the helm Steve. The lack of communication and/or concern with Internet Brands on all the sites problems have really upset many members here. So much so that "another boating site" membership has increased significantly. I'm still questioning how many OSO members will renew after all the recent crap.

I'm on the fence right now. I love this place, but if IB wont properly maintain/manage the site, it will continue to push members to other sites.

Ratickle 07-09-2008 06:45 AM

Welcome, seems to be working now. Frustrating as heck when doing a major post with quotes, pics, etc. and it gets blown off when going to post two or three times in a row. Also, why with all the traffic and threads over the 4 or 5 day period, no response at all? Did everyone take a long weekend with no concern whatsoever for the site and its members?

t500hps 07-09-2008 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 2616822)
Good to see you back at the helm Steve. The lack of communication and/or concern with Internet Brands on all the sites problems have really upset many members here. So much so that "another boating site" membership has increased significantly. I'm still questioning how many OSO members will renew after all the recent crap.

I'm on the fence right now. I love this place, but if IB wont properly maintain/manage the site, it will continue to push members to other sites.

Ditto....this site was Steve's life and he was available nearly 24-7 (which is probably part of the reason he had to get away)....for IB, this site is just a task as part of a 9-5 job and unfortunately they work at it like government workers.

Roger 1 07-09-2008 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2616511)
How about a sticky post here in the GD introducing everyone from IB and their responsibilities?

.....and where they live.:eek:

OSO 07-09-2008 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2616915)
Ditto....this site was Steve's life and he was available nearly 24-7 (which is probably part of the reason he had to get away)....for IB, this site is just a task as part of a 9-5 job and unfortunately they work at it like government workers.

This is very true.

IB recently changed to new servers from the old OSO servers. I can tell you from experience there is a learning curve involved, therefore the problems that they have been experiencing.

cosmic12 07-09-2008 08:55 AM

Its better way better, But the damage is done its been going down hill for months and this past week hit bottom. I can only speak for myself when I say that I feel its over, people leaving , boreing stupid threads (when you can post) ie: TD, and all the Beak adds and B.S. I fear way worse in days ahead.

getchasum111 07-09-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2616319)
You forgot the part about spending a boatload of money (sorry, couldn't resist) to purchase said business...

Maybe this is some new business model we haven't heard of? :rolleyes:
I know a lot of folks are saying they are done here,
but I gotta believe most of that is said in frustration... we all get yanked off by slow sites...
but won't there come a point when it becomes broken beyond repair? when nothing said or done can make it right?

I wonder if the people in charge at IB are aware of what is happening here?

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/955...niastopni2.jpg

but if you piss people off and they do go somewhere else....they might find out that there isn't a reason to keep paying to be here when they like the other sight as well or better than this one...and heve no membership fees....

Panther 07-09-2008 12:21 PM

Here's a problem that's been on the site for a really long time....

If you use "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom of the screen you can't attach a picture, it gives an "Error on page" at the bottom of the screen. You then have to click on the "Go Advanced" button or the regular "Post Reply button.

MacGyver 07-09-2008 02:29 PM

I see on the other site advertisers are starting to walk away from OSO and taking their checkbook with them.