Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Internet Brands, Whats Your Excuse This Time? >

Internet Brands, Whats Your Excuse This Time?

Notices

Internet Brands, Whats Your Excuse This Time?

Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, seems to be working now. Frustrating as heck when doing a major post with quotes, pics, etc. and it gets blown off when going to post two or three times in a row. Also, why with all the traffic and threads over the 4 or 5 day period, no response at all? Did everyone take a long weekend with no concern whatsoever for the site and its members?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Good to see you back at the helm Steve. The lack of communication and/or concern with Internet Brands on all the sites problems have really upset many members here. So much so that "another boating site" membership has increased significantly. I'm still questioning how many OSO members will renew after all the recent crap.

I'm on the fence right now. I love this place, but if IB wont properly maintain/manage the site, it will continue to push members to other sites.

Ditto....this site was Steve's life and he was available nearly 24-7 (which is probably part of the reason he had to get away)....for IB, this site is just a task as part of a 9-5 job and unfortunately they work at it like government workers.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
How about a sticky post here in the GD introducing everyone from IB and their responsibilities?

.....and where they live.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
Ditto....this site was Steve's life and he was available nearly 24-7 (which is probably part of the reason he had to get away)....for IB, this site is just a task as part of a 9-5 job and unfortunately they work at it like government workers.

This is very true.

IB recently changed to new servers from the old OSO servers. I can tell you from experience there is a learning curve involved, therefore the problems that they have been experiencing.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Its better way better, But the damage is done its been going down hill for months and this past week hit bottom. I can only speak for myself when I say that I feel its over, people leaving , boreing stupid threads (when you can post) ie: TD, and all the Beak adds and B.S. I fear way worse in days ahead.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
You forgot the part about spending a boatload of money (sorry, couldn't resist) to purchase said business...

Maybe this is some new business model we haven't heard of?
I know a lot of folks are saying they are done here,
but I gotta believe most of that is said in frustration... we all get yanked off by slow sites...
but won't there come a point when it becomes broken beyond repair? when nothing said or done can make it right?

I wonder if the people in charge at IB are aware of what is happening here?

but if you piss people off and they do go somewhere else....they might find out that there isn't a reason to keep paying to be here when they like the other sight as well or better than this one...and heve no membership fees....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's a problem that's been on the site for a really long time....

If you use "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom of the screen you can't attach a picture, it gives an "Error on page" at the bottom of the screen. You then have to click on the "Go Advanced" button or the regular "Post Reply button.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

I see on the other site advertisers are starting to walk away from OSO and taking their checkbook with them.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
I see on the other site advertisers are starting to walk away from OSO and taking their checkbook with them.

What is "the other site" ?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Donman
What is "the other site" ?
They must mean b o a t f r e a k s . o r g

Quick Reply: Internet Brands, Whats Your Excuse This Time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.