Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat ramp on The 4Th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190369-boat-ramp-4th.html)

sleeper_dave 07-07-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pkspx (Post 2614373)
Better to stay off the water during holiday weekends, mostly IDIOTS running. I can't believe the $hit I witness. The best one a SeaDoo with 3 passengers taking a corner into the marine, hitting the rocks and continue riding! Then following running up near the stern of their buddies boat while it was under way spinning the thing hard to splash them. You can hear them all laugh. Guess they thought it was funny and cute. Not so good when someones head is sliced off.

I saw one last weekend, 2 girls on 1 PWC, 3 guys on another. The 3 guys come up behind the 2 girls (slow and at an angle, no real risk of collision) and turn and splash them good...and promptly fall off... without the kill switch. Their machine (a newish one, nice yamaha) starts heading for shore. The girls head over to it and one jumps on to save the day. Now, if they were smart, they'd have circled the guys and made fun of them, maybe even made them swim the 100 or so yards to shore... but no, they gave the machine back to the guys.

glassdave 07-07-2008 04:08 PM

screw the dude in the boat . . . . whos the chic coming down the ramp:D :D

Brian C 07-07-2008 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2614731)

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that saw that, I thought I may have been seeing things.

Lofty 07-07-2008 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by deltaAce (Post 2614385)
The boat ramp where I live (Orwood Resort) has bleacher seats where people can watch the action.
It's a crack up to see the drunk fools try to show off their trailoring skills & foul it up.
Especially the drive on types, their going to drive it up on the trailor but smash into the tailgate!!! Good stuff!

The bleachers are back?!?! I haven't seen them in years but then again I stay away from Orwood because every putz with a check book is there and I don't like having my boat bashed.

glassdave 07-07-2008 06:00 PM

I use to have a slip adjacent to the public ramp in my home town. After a day of boating we would end up partying in the marina at my dock and later on at night we would watch what we called "amateur hour" one night at about midnight this truck pulls up with about a 24 foot Liberator and preps the boat to launch (looked like the crew was heading to the bar/club across the river) any way dude backs the boat in the water and had the trailer winch set up to spool out. just about the second it starts to float free he puts it in forward and guns the trailer out. problem is the boat was still connected to the trailer. the whole rig comes up the ramp and the boat spools back on the rollers and slams the transom and drives on the ground leaving the boat pointing up in the air half on and off the trailer at about 45 degrees. The group survey the damage, backed up the whole mess and skidded it into the water with the truck. . . . . . . got in the boat . . . . headed for the bar . . . . . :rolleyes: . . . this is why i never drink and drive the boat, because these kinda people do and you gotta keep aware out there at night. just frikn nuts.

BlackJack58 07-07-2008 06:03 PM

Damn - where are my bifocals when I need 'em? :D

JeffC 07-07-2008 06:04 PM

I dont know, girls always come runnin when i pull up to the dock...LOL

Thats my wife..

Offshoreracr 07-07-2008 07:52 PM

I always love the ramp stories.
:ernaehrung004::boat::argue: