Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190418-white-lightning-arrested-backwater-jacks-db.html)

DirtyMoney 07-07-2008 10:13 PM

What is so different about white lightnings exhaust?

wantingmore 07-07-2008 10:48 PM

This whole deal is bullsh*t! Where the hell are we living...Russia??

I can't believe the assault on personal liberty. We need to stand up as representatives of America that won't let their personal rights get taken away.

Grow some balls *******s.

Griff 07-07-2008 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 2615241)
What is so different about white lightnings exhaust?

Old school Merc 1000SC's with water dumping in right at the end of the pipes.

tomtbone1993 07-07-2008 10:55 PM

Maybe one of the hot chicks was one of the cops daughters / or wife..........lol

Ms PatriYacht 07-07-2008 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by wantingmore (Post 2615266)
This whole deal is bullsh*t! Where the hell are we living...Russia??

I can't believe the assault on personal liberty. We need to stand up as representatives of America that won't let their personal rights get taken away.

Grow some balls *******s.

Personal liberty give me a break, are you saying that it is your personal liberty to do what ever the heck you want just cause it makes you happy. What about the personal liberty of all the people living and boating on the lake, I bet there are 1,000 people that hate the noise to every one person that does not mind the noise. All it takes is one really loud boat to pizz off a a lot of people.

Rebel_Heart 07-07-2008 11:49 PM

Your're too old if its too loud.

Total BS about decibel ordinance.

Semper Fi 07-07-2008 11:51 PM

I wonder why noize restrictions are getting bad for boaters, but you can drive a Harley on the street and they are seriously loud!- makes no sense to me!!!

waterboy222 07-08-2008 12:00 AM

If you want a quiet lake experience, move your old ass to a lake thats not historic for fast boats, loud music and hot women.. The last places to be loud and fast in this world was the water, the sky and the desert.. Now things have changed..

Michael1 07-08-2008 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 2615326)
If you want a quiet lake experience, move your old ass to a lake thats not historic for fast boats, loud music and hot women.. The last places to be loud and fast in this world was the water, the sky and the desert.. Now things have changed..

Not exactly. You can boat 3 miles offshore in international waters, and have an engine at 200 dB if you want.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of personal freedom, but noise restrictions under some conditions do make sense. Would you like to live next door to some guy who lets his dog bark all day and night? You could argue that you are infringing on his personal freedom of hearing his dog by putting restrictions on that.

Some of the noise restrictions are dumb and ridiculously low. Some apply to areas with no people which doesn't make much sense, and very few boats.

How about a compromise, such as a once a month "open exhaust" day? That could be fun.:cool:

Michael

gsmith9898 07-08-2008 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 2615326)

I totally agree. Tablerock is just down the road and is PERFECT if you want a nice quiset place to relax. Loto is known for hot boats, loud music and fast women.....:evilb: