Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? >

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Notices

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Also Dave Scott even has turn downs on one of the Bud Select boats to keep it quiet.
Here are pics from Dave's house in '05. He's been running them for a while now on different boats.
Attached Thumbnails WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?-exhaust.jpg   WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?-exhaust2.jpg   WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?-exhaust3.jpg  

Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Personal liberty give me a break, are you saying that it is your personal liberty to do what ever the heck you want just cause it makes you happy. What about the personal liberty of all the people living and boating on the lake, I bet there are 1,000 people that hate the noise to every one person that does not mind the noise. All it takes is one really loud boat to pizz off a a lot of people.
Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Your joking right?

Buying a house on that lake and b*tching about noise would be like buying a house next to the railroad tracks and complaining everytime the California Zephyr rolls through at 2 am.
I think the point is, probably not going to beat them because we are outnumbered. I think she is right. Hell, people have bought homes next to commercial airports and won lawsuits to make the planes take different routes for landing because of the noise and the airport was already there for years! Michigan has a bill in the legislature, (currently on hold), to have all boats pass J34 WOT test. Even some current patrol boats failed the tests. Ask the guys in Alabama about boat size and speed. Michigan has a maximum speed limit on ALL lakes of 55mph, talk about loss of freedoms. So, buying a house on a lake and making a nusiance of yourself to force the Water Patrol to enforce existing noise standards, will probably win almost every time. Especially if you have money and connections.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
Couldn't agree more. When ever we go to LOTO I run to the window every time I hear a boat coming. All I'm saying is that noise is becoming an issue and we need to deal with it. We can whine that it's not fair/un-American/fuddy-duddy all we want.

Travis is in the clear - I vote we leave this thread up. A lot of good viewpoints shared here.
I agree, but is there a way to rename it?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I just spoke to Travis and I can set the record straight.

Travis was NOT arrested. He was NOT ticketed nor did he get a written warning. He WAS having a snack with 5 gorgeous hardbodies at Backwater Jacks. The water patrol DID tell him they had gotten two calls about a too-loud boat and advised him to get some kind of muffling system. Travis has affixed some clamp-ons and was not hasseled the following time he took the boat out.

For the record: Travis does NOT need to free-rev his engines anymore, because Brad Smith has dialed-in his carbs to not load-up at idle. He WILL however give them a quick blast if a pretty enough girl asks him.

Travis does NOT drink when he is running his boat. The example he sets in that regard for his children and friends is absolutely true.

Hopefully this will end the speculation that Travis is in trouble. The water patrol guys are cool and can be reasoned with as they were at the confrontation at BWJ's.
Thanks for the facts, but I stil the think the wp at loto is a bunch of PUNKS!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Thanks for the facts, but I stil the think the wp at loto is a bunch of PUNKS!!!
That could be, but I like to think of them as a "necessary evil".
Old 07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, I totally agree but those of us that have boated here alot understand that they have gotten to be obnoxious evil. My buddy was there for the weekend of the 4th and was stopped 2x in the same day. Both were B.S. and were just checking to see if they could pursue a BWI he said. I agree that respect has to go both ways and it would not be a first when I heard about the WP boats scratching/damaging a boat they had stopped. This is where they do act like jealous jerks rather than trying to maintain safety. Hope this changes because it only hurts the lake, even if Travis was doing all the right things which I am sure he was. Congrats on an awesome boat btw!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think some of this has to be because of decreased traffic on LOTO this year. Less boats/situations for the WP to deal with so the odds of you getting stopped are greater. Have seen White Lightening nearly every weekend I am there and it is LOUD, but in my opinion is it sounds incredible!! I always wondered though how this boat didn't get stopped every weekend (maybe he does) when I hear stories of WP telling some visiting offshore boat owners to take there boats back to their trailers. Before it was cleared up that he was not arrested I was assuming that it was a high number of warnings/tickets led the WP to confront him...
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Griff
Also Dave Scott even has turn downs on one of the Bud Select boats to keep it quiet.
Every one of my piston boats get a set of turn downs - including the 44' MTI & 50' Mystic. Why not? No loss of power and no hassle from the water patrol. It's definitely a win-win combination!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Every one of my piston boats get a set of turn downs - including the 44' MTI & 50' Mystic. Why not? No loss of power and no hassle from the water patrol. It's definitely a win-win combination!
Well said, thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Now that you know the story the thread should be deleted by you or the moderators.
There is more to talk about here than just if he was arrested, so i will leave it here so people can discuss the situation. Dont enter if you dont want to read or talk about, Thanks

Quick Reply: WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.